Last council housing estate built by Sheffield council?

2 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

My Dad used to meet Albert for a drink in town every Friday, there was a few of them and the staff at Lloyds Wetherspoons used to call them "The Posh Pensioners" because they were all so smartly dressed.

7 minutes ago, Slinny said:

I was always with Albert at time  Your dad Jevy , Tony Law , Mick Kendall Jonny Broderick , and sometimes Charlie Albert Greens old hod carrier ,  Alfie hog had a fall out with John one time , in Lloyds  John kicked him out ,we would finish off in brown bear  you must have seem me I was the small one out off them ,

6 minutes ago, Slinny said:

I was always with Albert at time  Your dad Jevy , Tony Law , Mick Kendall Jonny Broderick , and sometimes Charlie Albert Greens old hod carrier ,  Alfie hog had a fall out with John one time , in Lloyds  John kicked him out ,we would finish off in brown bear  you must have seem me I was the small one out off them ,

Jevy was nasty that day with Alfie Hog I know the details but it's not my place to say on here.

I've taken his car to the garage today for a check over, he left me the car and his private reg H20 JEV.

Have you heard anything about Walt Depledge is he still with us?.

I thought I knew which one was you but he wasn't small.

Did you know Lol Parkin the Bricklayer he used to go in there with them he was my Father in Law?.

15 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Jevy was nasty that day with Alfie Hog I know the details but it's not my place to say on here.

I've taken his car to the garage today for a check over, he left me the car and his private reg H20 JEV.

Have you heard anything about Walt Depledge is he still with us?.

I thought I knew which one was you but he wasn't small.

Did you know Lol Parkin the Bricklayer he used to go in there with them he was my Father in Law?.

Not seen Walt for about a year , He used to come in brown bear late on , He is around same age as me . Known him since teens in Red lion back off city hall. ,Also Lol from same place , worked with Pete brown , and Brian Harrison , for years  I used to see him in Fairways and Frechville hotel when Dennis Hobson had it , , Another friend off mine was Ronnie Wethhall . Great daysAlex , 

1 hour ago, Slinny said:

Not seen Walt for about a year , He used to come in brown bear late on , He is around same age as me . Known him since teens in Red lion back off city hall. ,Also Lol from same place , worked with Pete brown , and Brian Harrison , for years  I used to see him in Fairways and Frechville hotel when Dennis Hobson had it , , Another friend off mine was Ronnie Wethhall . Great daysAlex , 

We've lost a few good people over the last few years, I was with Dennis shortly before he passed away, he used to come in the Beachcomber every Sunday and one of the last things he said to me was, "Good health is everything". I liked him he was good company and a great story teller about old times.

Edited by Alextopman

On 27/01/2023 at 12:24, Alextopman said:

We've lost a few good people over the last few years, I was with Dennis shortly before he passed away, he used to come in the Beachcomber every Sunday and one of the last things he said to me was, "Good health is everything". I liked him he was good company and a great story teller about old times.

I do not know what Alfie did wrong  , after that little do me and John when to Boiler House ,it upset Johnn, his wife had to calm him down ,    Alfie kept well out off his way after that .He then fell foul off Albert  Fields senior ,   Which was not the best off things to do , I got on with Alfie ,  but did not see much off him after that . 

4 hours ago, Slinny said:

I do not know what Alfie did wrong  , after that little do me and John when to Boiler House ,it upset Johnn, his wife had to calm him down ,    Alfie kept well out off his way after that .He then fell foul off Albert  Fields senior ,   Which was not the best off things to do , I got on with Alfie ,  but did not see much off him after that . 

John and his Wife Elaine had just been to Weston Park for her treatment on that day, no one was closer to John than us he was family to us and I carried him and Elaine on their final journeys but he could be stubborn and cruel sometimes just as much as he could be generous and kind.

Alfie's problem was he was a washer woman and couldn't help talking other people's business which lost him a lot of friends in the end.

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

John and his Wife Elaine had just been to Weston Park for her treatment on that day, no one was closer to John than us he was family to us and I carried him and Elaine on their final journeys but he could be stubborn and cruel sometimes just as much as he could be generous and kind.

Alfie's problem was he was a washer woman and couldn't help talking other people's business which lost him a lot of friends in the end.

did not know that side off things , just drinking and talking in pubs was what I did , mostly my mates were building trade workers , I loved getting clobbered up from very young age , packed up drinking for about ten years,  cycle racing took over my family life,    When I started drinking again lots off people had changed   Pubs also had changed But that’s life 

11 hours ago, Slinny said:

did not know that side off things , just drinking and talking in pubs was what I did , mostly my mates were building trade workers , I loved getting clobbered up from very young age , packed up drinking for about ten years,  cycle racing took over my family life,    When I started drinking again lots off people had changed   Pubs also had changed But that’s life 

It was great seeing everyone clobbered up my Dad did it every day he went out, Even when his mind went my Mum bathed him shaved him and dressed him like a million dollars, he was very proud of his appearance the same as all your crowd are. Friday's used to be the big day for him later in life all meeting in Lloyds.

The Posh pensioners. 😁😁😁😁.

3 hours ago, Alextopman said:

It was great seeing everyone clobbered up my Dad did it every day he went out, Even when his mind went my Mum bathed him shaved him and dressed him like a million dollars, he was very proud of his appearance the same as all your crowd are. Friday's used to be the big day for him later in life all meeting in Lloyds.

The Posh pensioners. 😁😁😁😁.

The only casual  gear I wear in this country is Gabicci jumpers and shirts    Which I have wore  for many years ,   Your dad and Albert did the same ,    Suits and jackets made since I was twelve ,   Still got plenty ,