NHS Dentist - Issues with crown

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Got an appointment in a few days time for the dentist to look at my old crown. At the moment there's a bit of a gap between the two front teeth (the other tooth being the crown).

If the dentist replaces it, will it be done in such a way that it closes that gap?

Or will he just realign the current crown to make it touch the other one? - There's slight pain at the moment due to it having moved over the years, hence the formation of the gap.

I went to see him about 6 weeks ago and after taking an X-ray a week before, he said it was fine and just prescribed me some tablets which didn't work. He thought it was an infection of some sort.

I also had a filling done at the time which was really neither here nor there. The thing is, since I paid for that particular treatment, will I have to do so again, in full, for a new crown? - Or will he minus the cost that I'd already paid about 6 weeks ago?

Thanks.

---------- Post added 15-11-2017 at 18:30 ----------

Hi again.

Went to dentist today and from the X-ray he took last week, he said there's no major issue with the tooth underneath the crown. He said he didn't really want to mess with it (the crown) and to just live with the mild pain.

Was he right in saying that?