Sheffield caretaker

Hi my name is craig ive worked for the same company for 28 years and they have sold the cleaning contract on to a company from surrey ive worked for them for 10 months. I have had nothing but heartache 1, they have changed my hours. 2, more excessive work to be done in the same hours and pay.3, using machinery without training.4, No proper ppe ie, work boots water proof bottoms and ear muffs or proper gloves .5, Told me to strip down to my boxer shorts and try some trousers on and a shirt in front off three adults.6, carry heavy iron grids 100 yards and 55 bags off rock salt 100 yards 7, and the first time I met the manager director he said something to me what I don't want to say thanks.8, And to finish it off they now have suspended me I carnt take this no more so I have gone on the sick on statuary sick pay it feels that the world has caved in on my whole life this is putting a lot off stress on whole the family.I have lost nearly 3 stone in weight from all this worry and stress I am seeking doctors advice and medication I have put my life and trust into these two company but I need professional advice does any body out there with advice on any names or help lines like acas or anything ive been advised not to just walk away please many thanks craig.:(

Edited by brelsford

Was your suspension justified?

Do you have a written contract?

Are you a member of a union?

Considerations could include constructive dismissal.

Free advice available from ACAS.

I have used them in the past to clarify matters, and found them excellent.

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2042

ACAS Helpline

Whether you are an employer, employee or representative, you can call the Acas helpline for free and impartial advice. Simply get in touch and we'll provide you with clear and confidential guidance about any kind of dispute or query that you have about relationship issues within the workplace. You may also benefit from using our popular Acas Helpline Online tool.

You may want to know about employment rights and rules, best practice or you may need advice about a dispute. We know that most of our customers find the answers to their questions by accessing our online Advice and Guidance.

Before you call the Acas helpline please take some time to read the employment law and employment relations guidance available on our website.

It can be helpful to keep a note of any guidance pages you visit as this can help you and the adviser should you need to refer to this information during your call.

The Acas helpline number is 0300 123 1100. It is available Monday to Friday 8am-6pm.

Hi my name is craig ive worked for the same company for 28 years and they have sold the cleaning contract on to a company from surrey ive worked for them for 10 months. I have had nothing but heartache 1, they have changed my hours. 2, more excessive work to be done in the same hours and pay.3, using machinery without training.4, No proper ppe ie, work boots water proof bottoms and ear muffs or proper gloves .5, Told me to strip down to my boxer shorts and try some trousers on and a shirt in front off three adults.6, carry heavy iron grids 100 yards and 55 bags off rock salt 100 yards 7, and the first time I met the manager director he said something to me what I don't want to say thanks.8, And to finish it off they now have suspended me I carnt take this no more so I have gone on the sick on statuary sick pay it feels that the world has caved in on my whole life this is putting a lot off stress on whole the family.I have lost nearly 3 stone in weight from all this worry and stress I am seeking doctors advice and medication I have put my life and trust into these two company but I need professional advice does any body out there with advice on any names or help lines like acas or anything ive been advised not to just walk away please many thanks craig.:(

That sounds rubbish Craig, unfortunately it is not uncommon when cleaning contracts change hands for this kind of thing to happen. The best advice I can give is to join a union, this is precisely the kind of thing they are there for.