Are Wrist Watches Becoming Outdated ?

totally off topic but I took my watch in for an adjustment.

Ready in half an hour I was told.

Went off to do some shopping.

You wouldn't believe the number of times I went to look at my missing watch to see if the half hour had passed:loopy:

Daft little experiment davy, try it. when your in company and you see someone look at their watch, immediately ask them the time, they always look at their watch again, why.

Love a good wristwatch, Got several automatics, a few quartz, kinetic, solar and the odd manual. Always on the look out for unusual or interesting models.

There's a great jeweller on Middlewood road, called Parkers.

If you love watches, don't go there, as it's far too easy to spend thousands.

Always been a bit of a collector of watch's, i wear them for a while then see something else that catch's my eye.

started with

Cheap casio's which if i still had wold be worth a good few quid now.

I have around 5 different Rotary watch's but got sick of paying out for battery replacement and hermatically sealing.

I have an Automatic Tissot which i like.

But then i fell in love with Citizen Eco-Drives with Atomic timekeeping and i now have a couple of them and i bought one for my wife and Daughter.

Citizen Eco-Drive is now my chosen watch and has been now for around 5 years, and quite probably a few years to go.

Garmin 735XT, it's the 2nd garmin model I've had, I started with the basic model forerunner 10, upgraded after two years to this one.

For anyone who runs or cycles I'd recommend them.

---------- Post added 06-11-2017 at 07:42 ----------

I have an Oakely watch which I wear sometimes for dressy occasions, bought for me when I gave my other half her engagement ring. Amusingly I can't remember the model name right now, similar to the timebomb.

That Garmin is a proper fitness tracker, very impressive bit of kit.

That Garmin is a proper fitness tracker, very impressive bit of kit.

I would be interested if a 'watch' could measure and record my pulse, blood pressure and sleep pattern etc.

Loads of these on ebay, but not sure if the £15 ones are ok, I don't want to pay £50+