Are Wrist Watches Becoming Outdated ?

I would be interested if a 'watch' could measure and record my pulse, blood pressure and sleep pattern etc.

Loads of these on ebay, but not sure if the £15 ones are ok, I don't want to pay £50+

My better half has a Fitbit, it pretty much does all of that but not sure about blood pressure, it was nearer a hundred quid, there must be cheaper alternatives that work though.

El Cid,

I'm not exactly sure about this.But I think a watch that could measure your blood pressure would need a cuff (with transducer qualities). I have a wrist mounted blood pressure monitor I bought from Boots. It has to be held in a particular position when measuring BP. It measures Pulse and BP . It has date and time function. However,you'd have to measure your BP everytime you wanted to know the time.

No watch does blood pressure, the only way to measure it is with a constricting cuff.

Pulse and sleep patterns are much easier to measure, but don't expect a wrist based pulse measure to be accurate when exercising.

I guess its how easy it is to use; I believe they communicate with your smart phone?

I guess its how easy it is to use; I believe they communicate with your smart phone?

Yes, they sync up at regular intervals or on demand.

I can check my pulse without touching my phone though, just 1 button press. I can even see averages, resting and graphs of the day on the face of the watch.

I can track exercise without the phone, which is a big bonus.

I can read incoming messages, that's more a convenience, but then if you don't need to reply you don't get your phone out.

i aint worn one for years, just use mi phone

Same here, mind when we're out my missus keeps telling me 'why don't you put a watch on?, when I ask her the time.

I've still got the gold watch my parents bought me when I turned 21 as used to be the custom. I wound it up the other week and it's still working well despite only being cleaned once in over fifty years.

I've tried to pass it on but none of the family want it to use. And I'm loath to sell it when I think what it my parents gave up to buy it, I can still remember going with my dad to choose it and it probably cost him more than a weeks wage.

XIAOMI MI BAND 2 - for 20£, it does a pretty good job. It measures current time, steps, distance, calories, heart rate. More than enough for me.