Greed of the Super Rich, Lizzie in Trouble.

John McDonnell recently committed the Labour Party to scrapping all PFI schemes, although I bet they chicken out of it. Lots of the PFI contracts are held by companies who are based offshore so don't pay any UK tax. So not only are they ripping us off through the interest they get through the PFI schemes and by doing shoddy work, they also rip us off by not paying tax on the proceeds (that come solely from the tax we paid). Which is an excellent reason to scrap them without compensation to the PFI companies. They ripped us off, our turn to rip them off http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41778609

I'm uncertain why this is a surprise to you. Scrounger Hamilton specifically moved away to ensure he didn't pay any UK taxes.

The Isle of Man is a British Crown Dependency and subject to UK VAT, which gives businesses there access to the EU.

Scrounger Hamilton has paid no VAT on his climate destroying private jet as he has informed tax authorities that it is used purely for business purposes.

These wily tax dodgers know exactly how many days they have to remain abroad to be non-domiciled, or like Philip Green put everything in the wife's name then pack her off to live in Monaco.

What we should do is stop paying our council tax and see how long the government puts up with that.No tax loopholes for us proletariat PAYE,s who cannot avoid tax.I am going to ask my boss of our company if he can pay me my wages into an offshore fund for me which I can then loan back tax free.Somehow I just know what answer I will get back.:hihi:

---------- Post added 07-11-2017 at 22:08 ----------

This bloke here's a real gentleman and projects himself has helping people in Africa.What a slime ball.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41906123

John McDonnell recently committed the Labour Party to scrapping all PFI schemes, although I bet they chicken out of it. Lots of the PFI contracts are held by companies who are based offshore so don't pay any UK tax. So not only are they ripping us off through the interest they get through the PFI schemes and by doing shoddy work, they also rip us off by not paying tax on the proceeds (that come solely from the tax we paid). Which is an excellent reason to scrap them without compensation to the PFI companies. They ripped us off, our turn to rip them off http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41778609

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of doing that, it means that any private enterprise doing any sort of work for the government will likely charge a higher rate because the possibility of the government reneging on a contract freely entered into will be perceived to be higher.

These wily tax dodgers know exactly how many days they have to remain abroad to be non-domiciled, or like Philip Green put everything in the wife's name then pack her off to live in Monaco.

In all seriousness, the publicising of the Paradise Papers are toxic to the fiction that capitalism benefits all and that somehow the masses who 'play by the rules' can share in the wealth of the super rich, if only they knuckle down and work hard.

The Daily Mail has editorials complaining that such private tax affair revelations are damaging capitalism and its only a greedy few that exploit the system and give it a bad name. When in reality the system was designed to benefit the super rich and the powerful from the start, be they individuals or multinational companies.

More revelations will follow. A 'drip drip' of water by itself is of little consequence, but over time it can erode solid rock. The steady drip, drip, drip of these toxic tax revelations can, over time, weaken and destroy even capitalism...

Why do you chose to defend people who are morally reprehensible?

Because they havnt done anything illegal . Tax avoidance is perfectly legal.

---------- Post added 07-11-2017 at 22:56 ----------

Tax scrounger Lewis Hamilton left the UK to live in Switzerland in 2007, so as to avoid contributing to essential UK public services. He admitted that the reason for his move was to avoid taxation. In 2008 he moved to Monaco, also a tax haven.

This year’s Sunday Times Rich List put his personal wealth at £131 million.

Again , he is no longer resident in the UK ,so has no obligation to pay tax in this country

---------- Post added 07-11-2017 at 22:57 ----------

Im pretty confident that there will be Labour donors on the paradise papers list .

Can anyone enlighten me as to the benefits gained by the Isle Of Man treasury to giving Hamilton a 3.something million VAT repayment? What did they get in return?

I know he (or his multifarious companies) bought the jet but why would the IOM give him a full VAT repayment if he wasn't, at the same time, paying something over to them?

His companies can't be paying CT because it's 0% there, so why would they make such a repayment? I'm a bit confuddled. There must be some benefit to them or else they are just throwing public money down the drain, that could pay for hospitals, schools, police, blah, blah, blah.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of doing that, it means that any private enterprise doing any sort of work for the government will likely charge a higher rate because the possibility of the government reneging on a contract freely entered into will be perceived to be higher.

I cant wait until the next election, it will be a farce. A choice between a hard left Labour and right wing Tories that are seriously at war with each other.

Because they havnt done anything illegal . Tax avoidance is perfectly legal.

---------- Post added 07-11-2017 at 22:56 ----------

Again , he is no longer resident in the UK ,so has no obligation to pay tax in this country

---------- Post added 07-11-2017 at 22:57 ----------

Im pretty confident that there will be Labour donors on the paradise papers list .

You are being ridiculous.

I have been reading and watching several programmes about this, far too complex and difficult to describe here, but all the commentators, much better qualified than you or I, seem to regard several of these schemes as being so deeply corrupt that several people should be in jail. (Bit like the bankers.) They hide behind this complexity, secure in the knowledge that they will have moved on before it is unravelled and outlawed.

The super rich are depriving the countries they are domiciled in of much needed resources just to stuff their already obscenely well filled pockets with still more cash. Some are in fact so rich, and powerful enough, to keep some countries in poverty, and have no qualms about doing so.

I ask again, why you defend these unscrupulous, morally bankrupt characters at the expense of your own kind.

Edited by Anna B