PPI, Anyone Had A Payout

I filled in a few forms for HSBC recently and got a four figure payout in return, took me about 15 mins. I knew I was eligible though, a graduate loan from 2000.

---------- Post added 06-08-2018 at 17:58 ----------

do you need to take out life insurance to enable you to get your ppi payment sent to you.

No, definitely not.

I am in the process of claiming, doing it through Gladstone Brooks, I know they take 40% but if i am successful i would only be like 'sweetie money' A friend has just got £5,000 for her mum, not to be sniffed at when you are 85! Plus i would know where to start to do it myself.

---------- Post added 08-08-2018 at 19:32 ----------

......I would NOT know where to start!!

If anyone knows that they had PPI with HSBC I can point them straight to the form to fill in, then you get 100% of the compensation.
My wife claimed directly from her bank(s) and received a substantial amount in compensation and paid not a bean to anyone. It's not quite as easy to claim from other businesses (catalogues etc), so she used third party companies for this and paid between 30-40% in fees.

• 8 months later...

I havn't been through all the posts so apolagies if it's been covered but it's the same sort of thing I have heard in the last few days.  An advert on the radio says you can make a claim if you have lost money on shares ISAs.  Now as I understand it everything I have ever read clearly states that, " Your investments can go down as well as up",  so what's that all about ?