Re smuggling tramadol tablets into Egypt

You would think either the boyfriend would know they're illegal or to at least check - being Egyptian. Or even the husband of her mother who is also Egyptian by all accounts.

you would have thought , that with two Egyptians in the family ,to advise her , that she should know the rules

She's with a guy who's married so it sounds as though she's either stupid or her morals are low,deserves her sentence,I don't think she'll do it again.

She deserves everything she gets, her "husband" must have known they were a banned medicine and I think both her and her mum seem to have low morals.

I do feel sorry for her in that her Egyptian "husband" (who is already married) has used her to smuggle these tablets into Egypt. She's in jail and he isn't as far as I know, which seems wrong.

But she's let herself be used. There is a problem with addiction to these drugs in North Africa (like there is with legal prescription painkillers in the USA), and the Egyptians don't want foreigners smuggling these tablets in where they could be used to feed addiction.

She said to her mum that "It's not fair", according to the Mail. That's a pretty poor defence though. You did it, you got caught. In this country ignorance of the law is no defence, maybe it's the same in Egypt.

She has no defence. She got them illegally in the UK anyway. I'm not sure why this is even a big news story.

Woman does something illegal in two countries and gets a jail term. Wooopidoo.

She has no defence. She got them illegally in the UK anyway. I'm not sure why this is even a big news story.

Woman does something illegal in two countries and gets a jail term. Wooopidoo.

personally i think she was duped, but yes it was her own fault.

No let her serve her full sentence and maybe she could come back and educate people about the reality of some foreign prisons (hellholes)

---------- Post added 26-12-2017 at 21:43 ----------

Hmm you seem to be in defending her . Do you know something we don't ? :hihi:

Yes, I know Sheffield is full of armchair know it alls.

And I know all that :hihi:

• 2 weeks later...