Re smuggling tramadol tablets into Egypt

I don't like taking tablets and very rarely take the painkillers I have for my knees.

Earlier this year I had an op on my knee and came home with some powerful painkillers ( can't remember which) I recall losing 3 days well, I don't but I never moved off the sofa and it was only when my wife went to work and forgot to leave them nearby that I sort of sobered up and realised what had happened.

• 1 month later...
400 Tramodol is a substantial quantity though, she must be a right plant pot to think she wouldnt get a pull.

My Tramadol prescription is 8 per day x 7 days = 56 per week. So 400 would last me 7 weeks. So I recon 400 is a lot, but not a ridiculous amount.

Angel1.

Tramadol would appear to be a drug of choice amongst Middle East extremists.

This illustrates why it is not treated as a slight 'mistake' by the Egyptian authorities.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/03/italian-police-intercept-tramadol-haul-isis-libya

Blimey, that's an eye opener.

---------- Post added 26-12-2017 at 13:11 ----------

The silly women got off lightly.

After reading cgksheff's post I go along with that.

Why should we have to pay for her illegal act? I hope she stays where she is.

If she had been caught with heroin, then I would agree with you. The women didn't think she was doing any wrong and made a mistake. There are many non UK people in UK prisons ,which as a taxpayer you'll fund. Have some compassion for a silly woman.

After just watching the news I am still unsure what she is charged with.Is importation of a banned substance or is it smuggling in a large quantity of a controlled medication???

The media says its banned ,yet other reports say Tramadol can be obtained over the counter in Egypt.Even in England Tramadol is under prescription but apparently they were not prescribed for her. Her family say that it is unfair that she gets three years for trying to help someone.

I would say in my opinion that she is charged with smuggling and more than probable down to the quantity that were found on her.

Then the comments from the Labour MP cracked me up by him stating that due to the lack of compassion from the Egyptian authorities it could cost them in holiday makers.

A few years ago those Scottish chancers got away with it which was a total travesty. As far as I am now concerned this woman from Hull is guilty and deserves her incarceration.See her in three years.