What was or is the name of the pub and what did the locals call it.

Asaw

Well Padders...we would hardly call it the iddlewood would we haha.

---------- Post added 18-11-2017 at 08:07 ----------

Oh God really stuffed that up, I meant MIDDLEWOOD not Iddlewood

Hey, I like that, the iddlewood tavern. sounds cute.

You might like this then Padders. A friend of mine & I used to work in reception & on the switchboard at Middlewood Hospital back in the 1960's. Sometimes when we were feeling a bit naughty, we would answer the phones & say "Good morning (or whatever time of day) Diddywood & Morbid.

Sorry got off track here, just thought it might amuse you.

You might like this then Padders. A friend of mine & I used to work in reception & on the switchboard at Middlewood Hospital back in the 1960's. Sometimes when we were feeling a bit naughty, we would answer the phones & say "Good morning (or whatever time of day) Diddywood & Morbid.

Sorry got off track here, just thought it might amuse you.

:hihi: Were you patients?

Yes, I remember them being at the old Farm House. Meersbrook Park was one of my old stomping grounds in fact anywhere around Heeley/Meersbrook. No pubs in Meersbrook!

yes no pubs in meersbrook ,I was born there in 1950 ,but loads of churches to make up for it.

White Swan was a greaser's meeting place. No cars on in the car park, only motorbikes. No suits and ties, only leather jackets. No pop music, only Rolling Stones, and definitely no short hair.

When was this? I lived a few doors away from there from 1959 to 1973 & I don't remember anything like that.