Don't leave valuable things in your garden shed

Debs1

Shed broken into, Wordsworth avenue,

This shed had a very high quality padlock, but it was cut off with bolt cutters.

Nothing was taken as nothing of value inside.

Don't leave items of value that are easy for the thief to carry.

If these thieves use bolt-cutters, then they are possibly more likely to target ones with good looking locks, as it would say to me, probably something good in there.

I have CCTV on mine, but no lock. No point, nothing in there worth nicking. In 4 years it's caught two people sneaking around the back to have a look, and both saw no lock and didn't even bother looking in it. I assumed at time they were checking for future reference (or bikes), but no one came back on these occasions.

Shed broken into, Wordsworth avenue,

This shed had a very high quality padlock, but it was cut off with bolt cutters.

Nothing was taken as nothing of value inside.

Don't leave items of value that are easy for the thief to carry.

This is so annoying. We should be able to leave what we've worked hard to pay for in our sheds.

It would be really good to be able to ask burglars what punishment would stop them doing this in future - anyone know if this has been done?

• 2 months later...

Hi! Our shed has been broken into during the day. This evening the three that are doing the burglaries are on my garden and other neighbours gardens. On my CCTV the three of them come on our garden and the security light comes on. One is wearing a parka type jacket with a fur hood. They have been trying all the car doors on the road.

Hi! Our shed has been broken into during the day. This evening the three that are doing the burglaries are on my garden and other neighbours gardens. On my CCTV the three of them come on our garden and the security light comes on. One is wearing a parka type jacket with a fur hood. They have been trying all the car doors on the road.

Whereabouts are you ?