Knighthood for Murrys mam. why?

People who devote their lives to saving lives, helping the much less fortunate or improving their local community and so on.

So, someone who has campaigned for females and has done a lot for charity would count then?

I am glad to hear you agree.

Not really - she’s does no more than my daughters tennis coach who will never get an OBE.

Just the usual pandering to celebrity.

What the hell are you talking about. How do you think Judy Murray became famous in the first place. Her name was not just picked out of a hat.

The reason she is famous and your "daughter's tennis coach" is not is clearly, in fact blindingly obviously, the fact that Judy Murray's actions, charity work, mentoring and dedication has had a far bigger impact on the wider world of tennis (particuarly females in the sport and at grassroots levels) than Mrs Unkown Coach. She brought up, mentored and partially coached her two son who in turn became successful pro players.

Perhaps if you feel so strongly that both can be compared like for like and deserve the same recognition, you should shout up a bit more about what your "daughter's tennis coach" has actually achieved? Maybe even go ahead and nominate her.

This stupid agument comes up about the honours system year after year.

The last list was 124 pages long. Those honours include many people nominated by people just like you and I. Those people include the emergency services which idiots on theads like this complain never get a look in.

Yes, of course, a selection of more famous names are included and obviously the press will ALWAYS focus on those few headliners because they are the only ones who sell papers. Nobody is saying that those "regular" people dont get honoured. Its just that they dont grab the attention.

Lets be realistic. There could be dozens of articles giving headline attention to the voluntary workers, carers, doctors, nurses, civil servants, charity leaders but nobody would give a fig. They would not know them from Adam and it would end up as just another piece of chip wrapping.

Its exactly the same reason why Hello Magazine never has sell out copies containing glossy photoshoots of Derek and Maureen's Dewsbury council house.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Guest makapaka
What the hell are you talking about. How do you think Judy Murray became famous in the first place. Her name was not just picked out of a hat.

The reason she is famous and your "daughter's tennis coach" is not is clearly, in fact blindingly obviously, the fact that Judy Murray's actions, charity work, mentoring and dedication has had a far bigger impact on the wider world of tennis (particuarly females in the sport and at grassroots levels) than Mrs Unkown Coach. She brought up, mentored and partially coached her two son who in turn became successful pro players.

Perhaps if you feel so strongly that both can be compared like for like and deserve the same recognition, you should shout up a bit more about what your "daughter's tennis coach" has actually achieved? Maybe even go ahead and nominate her.

This stupid agument comes up about the honours system year after year.

The last list was 124 pages long. Those honours include many people nominated by people just like you and I. Those people include the emergency services which idiots on theads like this complain never get a look in.

Yes, of course, a selection of more famous names are included and obviously the press will ALWAYS focus on those few headliners because they are the only ones who sell papers. Nobody is saying that those "regular" people dont get honoured. Its just that they dont grab the attention.

Lets be realistic. There could be dozens of articles giving headline attention to the voluntary workers, carers, doctors, nurses, civil servants, charity leaders but nobody would give a fig. They would not know them from Adam and it would end up as just another piece of chip wrapping.

Its exactly the same reason why Hello Magazine never has sell out copies containing glossy photoshoots of Derek and Maureen's Dewsbury council house.

Wow - all that because I don’t think we should give OBE’s out to a tennis players mum.

You have also assumed that I believe that my daughters tennis coach should have one because Judy Murray does - that’s not the case.

I have no wish to nominate anyone for an OBE.

What about every other sports persons mothers, she is no different to them. Shes on all sorts of stuff, Strctly for one, whats the crack. I hope somebody doesn't come on here saying its because Murrys won summat. He doesn't even like England. :rant:

she has got what?

---------- Post added 12-11-2017 at 20:07 ----------

Judy Murray got the award for services to tennis, women in sport, and charity.

If you think your daughters coach (or anyone else) deserves one then nominate them...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nominate-someone-for-a-uk-national-honour

the main problem is that far more deserving people in normal jobs affecting for more people, don't get their just recognition, even if nominated, you can put up all the links you want, but to get such as a knighthood you have to have to be connected or know people who are.

Some bitter bitter sad people on here :hihi:

In what way?

---------- Post added 12-11-2017 at 21:01 ----------

Doubtful Judy would have received owt if her two sons had just been mediocre club tennis players. OBE by association?.

Angel1.

other buggers efforts lol

Doubtful Judy would have received owt if her two sons had just been mediocre club tennis players. OBE by association?.

Angel1.

Well said . :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 13-11-2017 at 18:59 ----------

So nothing to do with what she has done for junior tennis or for girls/womens tennis in the UK than?

Isn't ignorance bliss?

Yes so I will ignore that comment.:suspect: