Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

I saw one on blackstock road it had been sprayed red,saw two at lowedges both only scrap,both collected by the company,its a pity a few spoil things for others,take it they

came from town and idiots then stole them and they ended up on lowedges which I believe is well out of the cycle zone.

Well I, for one, have yet to see a vandalized one. Seen plenty parked up considerately. Seen plenty being ridden in a sensible fashion. I've even seen some in the possession of youths in the bottom level car park of hillsborough Morrison's, and, guess what? They weren't being vandalized, they were popping wheelies.

Sorry for being so doom and gloom...

Well I, for one, have yet to see a vandalized one. Seen plenty parked up considerately. Seen plenty being ridden in a sensible fashion. I've even seen some in the possession of youths in the bottom level car park of hillsborough Morrison's, and, guess what? They weren't being vandalized, they were popping wheelies.

I suspect it depends on where you are.

I used one from Langsett Cycles yesterday after leaving my bike there, up to Hillsborough.

My mate on the other hand tried to use one (well, several) to get to town from Darnall. He tried 3 before giving up. 1 was in a garden and he couldn't get to it, 1 was chucked over a fence and damaged) and the 3rd simply wasn't there.

Previously around the same area we've seen one with a missing seat.

Well I for 1 have seen loads smashed up and doesn't surprise me at all as this is Sheffield !

It will all depend on the money their generating to offset the damages to see if it's a worth while venture in this city, will be interesting to see the outcome.

In my opinion there are to many problem areas and this will cost this venture a fortune on damages.

Edited by Starlc

It will all depend on the money their generating to offset the damages to see if it's a worth while venture in this city, will be interesting to see the outcome.

In my opinion there are to many problem areas and this will cost this venture a fortune on damages.

They have succeeded in rougher cities than ours, much rougher, on the whole it has been a very successful business venture around the world that has been played out many times so they know what to expect, by the sounds of it they always have vandal problems for a few weeks until the dirtbags get bored.