Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

Seen loads of these on Council estates round Sheffield, very unlikely these are going back. They have also been seen in Beeley Wood etc. Can't imagine the scheme will last long if they don't have thousands of bikes available.

They have a global fleet of 10 million bikes so it shouldn't be too hard for them to keep the numbers topped up. I assume they've factored the need for replacements into their calculations before launching the scheme in Sheffield.

Once the free rides offer ends and people have to pay to unlock the bikes, things will hopefully settle down.

We could be looking at beating Manchester in seeing off the scheme quicker than 5 months then by the sounds of things!

Manchester's scheme is still going though :confused:

In any case, as a counterpoint to all the doom and gloom in this thread, I've been on 4 rides now, had no problems with the bikes and I'm finding them very handy. At 50p a trip it's a lot cheaper than catching the bus so I'll definitely be using them once the free rides end.

They have a global fleet of 10 million bikes so it shouldn't be too hard for them to keep the numbers topped up. I assume they've factored the need for replacements into their calculations before launching the scheme in Sheffield.

Once the free rides offer ends and people have to pay to unlock the bikes, things will hopefully settle down.

Manchester's scheme is still going though :confused:

In any case, as a counterpoint to all the doom and gloom in this thread, I've been on 4 rides now, had no problems with the bikes and I'm finding them very handy. At 50p a trip it's a lot cheaper than catching the bus so I'll definitely be using them once the free rides end.

No it isn't, in this format. It lasted just under 6 months until all bikes were pulled.

They denied it was a disaster, and introduced a few bikes back, but they featured docking stations and very limited numbers/locations.

No it isn't, in this format. It lasted just under 6 months until all bikes were pulled.

They denied it was a disaster, and introduced a few bikes back, but they featured docking stations and very limited numbers/locations.

They limited the geofence and removed most of the bikes but they still don't have docking stations, just "recommended" parking locations (similar to ofo).

saw 2 young kids riding and laughing on arbourthorne this dinner time riding them and doing skids ect and others asking were did you get them at which there was a lot of laughter ,don't know if the stole them or paid,but I hope they get it right and it works as I think its a great idea.