Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

My children first got payment cards aged 12 with their current accounts. Not credit cards, but debit cards. Perhaps that's what's the kids are using.

Could be...a debit card is fine for regustering on thecapp, It doesn't have to be a credit card. You can also top up your account from a card and use that balance.

No. Your credit card is registered on the app. It starts timing when you unlock the bike and stops timing when you lock it again (with the lock that goes through the back wheel). It then charges your credit card for the time you've used.

So,the bike that's been locked up at Dore & Totley station for over 2 weeks is probably out of their range and somebody is still racking up charges!

I was out and about early this morning 4am, I saw several around Hillsborough being ridden by people going or coming home from work, having done a few night shifts I can see the potential of riding in and out of town to standing at a cold bus stop.

Yep! I used one last week when a bus broke down at Hillsborough corner and the trams couldn't get through. Used a bike down to Shalesmoor where they were turning round.

Really wish I'd had gloves with me though :D