Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

I see this the same as fly tipping.

Fine the company responsible.

Along with the fast food outlets that have wrappers and paper littering the streets.

I know there's going to be a response of its the person dumping, yes if they are caught then good, but the companies have a responsibly too.

What happens when some one trips over a dumped bike?

I see this the same as fly tipping.

Fine the company responsible.

Along with the fast food outlets that have wrappers and paper littering the streets.

I know there's going to be a response of its the person dumping, yes if they are caught then good, but the companies have a responsibly too.

What happens when some one trips over a dumped bike?

How about a dumped bathtub? Fine the manufacturer? A Tesco plastic bag? Fine Tesco?

It's not companies responsibility at all. It's the scumbags who litter who are solely responsible for their actions. Any normal human being is capable of putting their fastfood wrapper in a bin.

How about a dumped bathtub? Fine the manufacturer? A Tesco plastic bag? Fine Tesco?

It's not companies responsibility at all. It's the scumbags who litter who are solely responsible for their actions. Any normal human being is capable of putting their fastfood wrapper in a bin.

Quite right - however Ofo *could* be doing more to encourage people to park the bikes more responsibly.

For example, there's very little incentive to park in one of their "recommended" parking places. And even if you do, there's a chance they won't register it properly because of GPS inaccuracy.

Quite right - however Ofo *could* be doing more to encourage people to park the bikes more responsibly.

For example, there's very little incentive to park in one of their "recommended" parking places. And even if you do, there's a chance they won't register it properly because of GPS inaccuracy.

Fair point.

they give you account credit, don't they?

I think it's just a credit of "points" but I'll check.

...yes, parking in a preferred parking area = +1 points on your ofo score - not really worth bothering with.

Edited by bumpyroads
i checked