Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

Seen another one this week, ofo lock gone and cheap personal lock to stop others from taking it.

Considering pensioners get free bus pass in this country young people should get free bicycles as well.

It looks like they already have!

Seen another one this week, ofo lock gone and cheap personal lock to stop others from taking it.

Considering pensioners get free bus pass in this country young people should get free bicycles as well.

I'd be tempted to either let it's tires down, or splash out on my own personal lock to add to it. Then chuck away the key.

I'd be tempted to either let it's tires down, or splash out on my own personal lock to add to it. Then chuck away the key.

Bit of superglue in the lock of the one they've fitted should suffice, cheaper and you get to use it on any others you come across.

nothing to stop pensioners, or any other age for that matter smashing the lock off and getting a free bike should they desire

So Ofo bikes are going to prosecute vandals damaging their bikes.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/firm-to-prosecute-vandals-damaging-yellow-bikes-in-sheffield-1-9172918

Good for them. I hope they're successful in their private prosecutions & take the offenders to the cleaners because in the normal course of events all that would happen to them is a stern talking to. Make them pay for the damage.

I've seen one of the Ofo bikes this morning. Someone has chucked one over the railings at Lady's Bridge & it's now sat in a few feet of water.

So Ofo bikes are going to prosecute vandals damaging their bikes.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/firm-to-prosecute-vandals-damaging-yellow-bikes-in-sheffield-1-9172918

Good for them. I hope they're successful in their private prosecutions & take the offenders to the cleaners because in the normal course of events all that would happen to them is a stern talking to. Make them pay for the damage.

I've seen one of the Ofo bikes this morning. Someone has chucked one over the railings at Lady's Bridge & it's now sat in a few feet of water.

Have you reported it?

Aye, good luck proving it.

Well take the Lady's Bridge incident. Plenty of CCTV knocking about, on the streets, in passing premises, so whoever did it shouldn't be hard to find those responsible.

A few private prosecutions with costs awarded to Ofo, should get the message across.

---------- Post added 23-05-2018 at 12:31 ----------

Have you reported it?

Will do when I get home. I'll not bother with 101 though. Apparently vandalism doesn't seem to be treated as a crime anymore.