Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

There was the police boss in Middlesbrough quite a few years ago who promised no tolerance of low level crime. If he really walked the walk, and it wasn't just a bit of PR hot air from him, then I presume there must have been some sort of feedback and a conclusion as to whether or not this type of policing actually pays dividends in terms of more serious crime.

I think that heavier policing of low level crime would help reduce serious crime, but also make our city a nicer place to live.

Told my neighbour about the OVO employee searching for the tracker and he said he had found a tracker on one of his walks and had brought it home to his garden. I emailed OVO informing them of this and where they can pick it up from and received a positive response and promise to collect. 10 days later the tracker has not been collected and a bike has been left on the walkway in front of our bungalows for 4 days now

---------- Post added 04-07-2018 at 00:34 ----------

Random employee who has to hunt for trackers in someones hedge, both knows, and shares corporate strategy with random person who comes out of house to talk to them...

I'm going to file that away in rumour and speculation.

a} I am not a 'random' person- I was sitting outside my home when the OVO employee approached me for help/ information

b} noting random about the employee either- it was his job to trace bikes/trackers.

You file it where you want but if you take notice and use your eyes there's no denying the vandalism and abuse of the Sheffield scheme

a) You are of course random, not an ovo employee and simply a person who came out of that house.

b) he's random, he's not the CEO, or indeed any C level employee, he's a random damaged bike collector.

You seriously believe that he knew what the upcoming (unannounced) corporate strategy is, and that knowing that, he just tells it to people who he finds sitting in their garden?

I didn't deny the vandalism and misuse, I do doubt that this low level employee is aware of any major unannounced change in corporate strategy though.

Came across an operative from Ovo looking for a bike tracker in the bushes outside my home last Friday evening. He told me that only 8% of the Sheffield stock has survived. He said provision had been withdrawn from Hillsborough due to the high number of bikes being 'lost' or vandalised and, despite many other cities' embracing the concept, Sheffield was destined to see the service withdrawn. I'm not a bike rider but this does seem a sad indictment of our city:mad:

Are you saying that the OFO bikes are fitted with actual trackers?