Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

what happens to the existing bikes?

Are the gonna be sold off cheap ?

Or is it finders keepers ?

If you wanna fish them out of the Don , id say they are all yours .

---------- Post added 06-07-2018 at 21:38 ----------

Bikes are going to be sent to London ! According to a radio interview

Are the staff riding them down there ?

It maybe that the problem is they did not take into account properly that Sheffield is very hilly.

The bikes were used a lot. Despite the hills.

Something like 50,000 journeys, made by 10,000 people.

The high usage demonstrated the disgraceful lack of safe cycle routes - if you wanted to use an ofo to get from a to b, you quickly found that you either had to deal with aggressive/ignorant drivers, or ride on the pavement. I can't blame anyone (the majority?) for choosing the latter.

I can understand why ofo would choose to take their bikes to London, where Safe cycle routes are being created. It makes total sense for them to consolidate their business in a city with a transport plan that's been updated since 1963.

Deep down this makes Sheffield look like a disgrace. This should of been a brilliant service and it’s been ruined due to the scrubbers.

Feel the same really embarrassing for us even though the company will not admit its down to the vandalism we all know it probably is(I doubt in their interests to publicly say this is the reason).

The bikes were used a lot. Despite the hills.

Something like 50,000 journeys, made by 10,000 people.

The high usage demonstrated the disgraceful lack of safe cycle routes - if you wanted to use an ofo to get from a to b, you quickly found that you either had to deal with aggressive/ignorant drivers, or ride on the pavement. I can't blame anyone (the majority?) for choosing the latter.

I can understand why ofo would choose to take their bikes to London, where Safe cycle routes are being created. It makes total sense for them to consolidate their business in a city with a transport plan that's been updated since 1963.

This is probably true, but it pains me whenever I see a cyclist on the pavement. A lot of the time it's really not necessary, if someone can't cycle safely on a relatively quiet road then they probably shouldn't be riding a bike anywhere near pedestrians.