Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

So basically they are withdrawing from lots of places in some kind of company re-organisation?

Nothing to do with vandalism or scrap men?

Looks like it - in the Norwich article it said they were focussing their business in London, which is a shame as it's probably just about the only place in the UK that already has massive investment in public transport and infrastructure for cycling!

Most likely they were just speculating.

It's highly unlikely that a low level employee would know unpublished strategic plans for a business and be sharing them with strangers.

I neither have nor lack respect for either of you, I don't know you. But you were random to him, and he's definitely not a board member of the company out collecting bikes and sharing private company strategy with said strangers.

Today's news.................vindication for the 'random':) people

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but when OFO came to Sheffield the University decided to ditch their online bike rental scheme and go with OFO, which seemed like a sensible idea at the time.

I now wonder whether they were so wise to put their faith in a private operator without some sort of statement of commitment to the city for a period of at least a few years. We are now left without any options at all (plus the university are closing staff carparks left right and centre which really does not help the situation).

So basically they are withdrawing from lots of places in some kind of company re-organisation?

Nothing to do with vandalism or scrap men?

If that's the case then it's a shame that vandalism was cited as the reason in the press. I know there was an issue with vandalism, but surely there's a certain percentage of morons who aren't fit to have anything nice in ANY city?

The way it was reported made you think that Sheffield, and Sheffield-only, is wall-to-wall knuckle-draggers.

There are a huge number of stolen Ofo bikes around, being used with impunity.

There were multiple bikes with no lock or tracker being ridden around Hillsborough park yesterday evening, and walking around Darnall I've seen no end of them.

I appreciate that the police don't work for Ofo, but you'd think that recovering stolen property was somewhat within their remit.

I appreciate that the police don't work for Ofo, but you'd think that recovering stolen property was somewhat within their remit.

Rather sad, isn't it. The stolen bikes are incredibly easy to spot - they needn't get CID out!

When the council wants to cut down a tree for spurious reasons, the police send three dozen police officers, 6 vans, one CCTV van and set up a command room! Simply so they can damage the local environment.

In both cases the police are on the side of the vandals - either supporting or failing to deal with things that reduce the quality of life of living in Sheffield.