Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

it could be fun on a summers day,dive in the canal get dried off and ride to work,but could be bad on a frosty day,in china they are piled every where,so we will have to see what happens in the future,students could have fun the day before they leave to go home and not return? they could rename them the yellow perils of Sheffield?

You should see how many the gypsi… scrap men have had in their vans. Apparently a half-decent magnet will scramble all the technology.

whats the point?

There are dozens of mountain bikes around the city and the two Universities locked up with cheap cables.

A decent set of snips and 5 seconds of your time and they are yours to take and sell. Don't worry about CCTV, as long as you don't case the racks first they won't get you

If you are a small-time thief feeding a habit that's the way to go. Only a tiny fraction of them have trackers fitted so you will most likely get away with it. Might get you 20 quid

If I was a pro with a cordless angle grinder and a bottle jack Id follow a ride into the Peak District and take something worth a few grand from outside a cafe. Strip it down and sell the wheels and group set on.

Taking a bright yellow bike that you cant easily sell on with a tracker fiited that's worth less than 40 quid is a mug's game.

What happens if there is an accident? Going home last night I saw one being ridden down Waingate, against the traffic, and two more being ridden on the path on the high Street - just wondering who to sue if someone does happen to bump into me. :suspect:

What a crap attitude to have, "someone bumped into me so I must get as much money out of them as possible", such a stupid way to see things.

---------- Post added 11-01-2018 at 21:15 ----------

whats the point?

There are dozens of mountain bikes around the city and the two Universities locked up with cheap cables.

A decent set of snips and 5 seconds of your time and they are yours to take and sell. Don't worry about CCTV, as long as you don't case the racks first they won't get you

If you are a small-time thief feeding a habit that's the way to go. Only a tiny fraction of them have trackers fitted so you will most likely get away with it. Might get you 20 quid

If I was a pro with a cordless angle grinder and a bottle jack Id follow a ride into the Peak District and take something worth a few grand from outside a cafe. Strip it down and sell the wheels and group set on.

Taking a bright yellow bike that you cant easily sell on with a tracker fiited that's worth less than 40 quid is a mug's game.

But it's not like you have given it a lot of thought though ....

What a crap attitude to have, "someone bumped into me so I must get as much money out of them as possible", such a stupid way to see things.

---------- Post added 11-01-2018 at 21:15 ----------

But it's not like you have given it a lot of thought though ....

We work at the Unversity trying to prevent cycle theft so we have a fair deal of knowledge about what goes on .