Another Martial Art post with a different

Greetings,

I am currently looking for some alternative martial arts groups and/or communities.

I have interested in Iaido and Kendo and wonder if there are any groups in sheffield, If not does anyone know any other "weapon" style martail arts.

Failing that Any fencing groups.

Kind regards,

Daniel

I'm sure there's an iado club somewhere... can't remember where though. I think Davemantis might teach weapons (kung fu) but I could be wrong. So, not the most helpful post, all in all. I'm going to hopefully go down to a juggling group over the summer and learn how to twirl my Bo staff, don't know if that's any help. There are a couple of fencing groups too, I think there's one at Sheffield uni.

Hi, Just for reference and if you're interested Iaido classes are available at the MST academy in high green but i aint sure about the class times. theres a traditional olde english (NOT CIDER!) type of sword and weapon class that operates in Rotherham and the legendary Mark Hayes who i believe is planning to start a dedicated filipino MA class in the near future that includes stick an knife.

Nuguyo-Neo ShotoKarate

I have a student that is looking for Iaido so if you have a contact number it would be cool.

Do Shin Ken Yu Kai

Movement Studio

Pearson Building

Broomgrove Road

Sheffield University Sat 16:00 to 19.00

Sun 17.00 to 19.00

Mrs E Wilson 0114 234 4480 South Yorkshire Iaido

http://www.doshinkenyukai-kendo.org.uk/

Found on the British Kendo Assoc website .... hope that helps ....

Archived