East House Pub shootings

Hi Island Girl,

I worked with your Dad at Firth Brown,s where he was known as Mick Morris,I believe he lived with his sister on Writtle St,we had been working on mornings that day and we worked over until 6-0pm,i had promised to go have a drink with him and Tommy Musgrave that night.The gunman held the gun at Tommy Musgraves head and pulled the trigger ,Fortunately there was no more bullets left.I went to Mick,s funeral in Burngreave Cemetery, I have never seen so many at at funeral

Hi Island Girl,

I worked with your father at Firth Browns,on the day of the shooting we were working the morning shift and worked over until 6-0pm ,Tommy Lee who was shot used to work with us before joining up.I believe Mick lived with his sister on Writtle Street.I went to his funeral in Burgreave Cemetery

Hi Island Girl,

I have no idea as to why he was called Mick, he had no Irish connections as far as i knew ,i knew very little about his personal life although i did know he was seperated and had a family,so far as i know there is only one person around now who can give you information as to his family is Tommy Musgrave, although i havent seen him for a few years now. the reason i wasnt with him that night was because i went to Manchester to see Wednesday play Man.City.sorry about the repeated messages my printer was playing up

I,m sorry Island Girl I havent seen or heard of Tommy Musgrave for a long time now I know he lived with his sister just off Herries Rd,but feel he is not around in this area now but i will enquire off the lads see if they can help.There isnt many of us left from that era now

• 1 year later...
My father was in the shooting at the East House in 1960 luckily he survived he was the gentleman that was shot through the wrist.

Hi Smith 29

It was great that you posted a reply. Did your dad know my dad very well. I'm trying to find out all about him because I know so little.Any information you can give me will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

I'm really sorry as I don't think I an going to be much help as unfortunately my dad pasted away on the 23/12/07. However my mum has just recently been sent a magerzine article about the shooting, I will also ask her if she knew your father and let you know anything that I find out. Thanks for getting in touch.

Hi Smith29

I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad passed away - I hope that you and your family are coping with your loss. It would be great if you could ask your Mom about the magazine but don't bother her if she is not feeling up to it.

Regards