There are no unemployed people in Britain

Because he is a Tory, they play down everything, they make out everything is great, when in fact, its quite the opposite...

So , let me get this right . You think Hammond deliberately lied , to make us all think there were no unemployed and all in the garden is rosy and we all would fall for it ?

Do you believe , Hammond believes there are no Unemployed ?

I believe he is so out of touch with real people's lives that he couldn't give a toss if people are unemployed because he's too busy cutting Corporation taxes and making Universal Credit claimants wait 6 weeks before getting benefits.

Do you believe he gives a toss about unemployed people or people who have to wait 6 weeks for a benefit payment, whilst being threatened with eviction or people who die whilst waiting for benefits.

Is this what you are fervent about? No compassion?

I look forward to you becoming poor, homeless and unemployed.

I believe he is so out of touch with real people's lives that he couldn't give a toss if people are unemployed because he's too busy cutting Corporation taxes and making Universal Credit claimants wait 6 weeks before getting benefits.

Do you believe he gives a toss about unemployed people or people who have to wait 6 weeks for a benefit payment, whilst being threatened with eviction or people who die whilst waiting for benefits.

Is this what you are fervent about? No compassion?

I look forward to you becoming poor, homeless and unemployed.

So ,that's a no then

There are 1.4 million unemployed. There are also huge numbers now self employed who are basically having to scratch a living from 0 hours contracts and the 'gig' economy. Then there are the one's who are valiantly trying to start their own businesses with their savings and redundancy money, but the success rate is very low.

And this is just the fallout from the de-industrialisation of the past, from which many have never recovered. They have not all moved into well paid, full time, new careers, etc.

I doubt the next wave of unemployment from AI, digitisation, robotics etc will fair much better. It is, after all, all about reducing the workforce.

well he is pretty stupid

Hmmm, he’s the only senior minister in the government with a viable and suitably pragmatic approach to Brexit.

He might appear out of touch and chose a stupid form of words, but he is very useful to remainers right now.

Is that a yes? You do believe that?

---------- Post added 19-11-2017 at 22:51 ----------

Silly hyperbole does you no credit.

I think he tried to play it down, make light of the situation, make out that things are not as bad as they are......make of that as you wish