The EU and the Irish Border.

Easiest solution, make northern Ireland a separate independent country its only a drain on the rest of the u.k anyway.

That would be against the Good Friday Agreement, which declared the status of Northern Ireland would be determined by the wishes of the people of Northern Ireland. The easiest solution is for the Irish Republic to leave the EU.

That would be against the Good Friday Agreement, which declared the status of Northern Ireland would be determined by the wishes of the people of Northern Ireland. The easiest solution is for the Irish Republic to leave the EU.

The republic wont leave they are on a good thing with the rebates they get.

Edited by choogling

shouldnt this have been in the consequences of brexit? since its a consequence of brexit?

I dont see it as a consequence , just build a wall on the border . This also has the added bonus of creating thousands of construction jobs as well as securing the border.

Everyones a winner.

---------- Post added 20-11-2017 at 21:26 ----------

In the same way the EU should have thought about the open borders idea and the problems it would bring?

Hit the nail on the head . spot on

hahahahaha! :hihi:

And the Irish are going to vote to leave the EU because...what?

Same plan as the UK-

1. Vote to leave

2. Err...

3. Profit!

-by any chance? ;)

ANGEL: picture of the problem for you mate, you should get it from that :)

The NI border problem cannot be solved within the context of May's red lines. Simple as that. There's two solutions:

put the border in the sea (NI becomes a special region of some sort) [May would need to get that one past the DUP: I can't see it, without the government falling]

May to paddle back enough on her red lines, for the UK to follow the EFTA model [May would need to get that one past the hardliners: I can't see it, without the government falling]

Edited by L00b

If the border goes back, they might come over here and bomb us.

Who can tell? Anything could happen. Ireland could effectively unite.

As I said many times before the economic argument is everything. That will win out in the end.