Dont Yorkshire People sound daft when they try talk Posh.

Drunks can be quite hard to understand to be fair.

No matter what accent. :hihi:

---------- Post added 23-11-2017 at 14:24 ----------

Look hold on a minuet. I dont mind any accent its what you say that counts not how you say it. I just meant people sound daft and fake by acting Posh.For example Someone saying you instead of thee is personal choice Im on about someone like Mrs Slocambe or Mrs Bucket. :hihi: that is for comedic purpose Im on about twits like Harry Graision on look North or Sean Bean they just sound crackers.:loopy:

How do you know these Yorkshire folk are trying to sound the way they do? What if those Yorkshire folk, like myself, have lived in other places and developed a less than Yorkshire accent.

I worked around the country with different people from all around the British Isles my entire working life.They were all "salt of the earth" rough and ready types who spoke in their local dialect just as they had been brought up to do,obviously,some rubbed off on me as their sayings and slang did in the way i spoke....but no matter where i go everyone knows i am from Yorkshire as the accent never goes away,and i never try to hide it,but even people i have known all my life do try to hide it dependent on who they are talking to (the telephone voice:D).In Notts' there is a small village called Gotham,a few years ago there was a programme on Radio Notts that was doing research into local dialects...they spoke to an old resident of Gotham who had never been out of the village his entire life...not even on holiday....his accent was nothing like a Notts one or any other for that matter as he had never picked any other up...I had been to Gotham myself before and spoke to some of the residents and none spoke like he did.........If anyone wants to hear a proper Yorkshire accent.....watch a few episodes of All Creatures and listen to the old farmers,i know they are actors...but this is the real McCoy .....

How do you know these Yorkshire folk are trying to sound the way they do? What if those Yorkshire folk, like myself, have lived in other places and developed a less than Yorkshire accent. Without knowing the person, or their situation, would suggest that you have a chip on your shoulder.

63 years of personal experience, sorry if i’ve touched a raw nerve. As it happens i’ve also lived in many different places the length and breadth of the country. I’ve also experienced class prejudice and been mocked for the way I speak. I recognise prejudice and also recognise it in myself.

This is a terribly class conscious society.

No matter what accent. :hihi:

---------- Post added 23-11-2017 at 14:24 ----------

Look hold on a minuet. I dont mind any accent its what you say that counts not how you say it. I just meant people sound daft and fake by acting Posh.For example Someone saying you instead of thee is personal choice Im on about someone like Mrs Slocambe or Mrs Bucket. :hihi: that is for comedic purpose Im on about twits like Harry Graision on look North or Sean Bean they just sound crackers.:loopy:

I think many who affect to be something they're not to sound 'posh' are as ridiculous as those who pretend to be from a deprived, or even ordinary background, when clearly they're not.

It's a shame people can't be honest about who they are.

I think many who affect to be something they're not to sound 'posh' are as ridiculous as those who pretend to be from a deprived, or even ordinary background, when clearly they're not.

It's a shame people can't be honest about who they are.

Very True.