Winter weather thread 2017/2018

Padders

According to bbc snow showers should be all but gone by 10 to leave a dry afternoon lets see if they are right,they said heavy snow showers all day last night.

It still says heavy snow snowers until 5pm where I am. I think some parts of Sheffield are getting hit harder than others.

It still says heavy snow snowers until 5pm where I am. I think some parts of Sheffield are getting hit harder than others.

Looks like we are just on the border of the snow so quite difficult to forecast probably worse in the west of the city though.

Why?asn"t been another substance other than Grit been created to clear snow,as grit might be o.k with moderate snow showers,but with this much of snow grit is not so good and get freezed over once put down,so the roads get icey over night

What would you suggest?

According to bbc snow showers should be all but gone by 10 to leave a dry afternoon lets see if they are right,they said heavy snow showers all day last night.

It's still snowing in Hillsborough. ❄️ ❄️ Fingers crossed it stops soon.

Just walked out to shops in Dronfield side roads are very deep in snow but main roads seem passable with care of course . Bypass is open can see that in use. Snow still falling here but not as heavy at moment .Had to pop in Yorkshire Building society it is fully staffed , they must have made a great effort don't think they are all local .No buses at all but that is obvious that they would be off . All in all NE Derbyshire workers have done a good job around here . Local town council not even made it in , what a crew .