The Engagement.

On a personal note, my young son who has worked tirelessly at primary school was supposed to have gone into Sheffield on Friday as treat. He and all the other children were excited. Today they were told it had been cancelled due to Harry and the Yank.

Why has it been cancelled?

Edited by nikki-red

But Penistone’s not “really” Barnsley is it ? Come to Kendray, Athersley, or Lundwood. We’d find them a billet

I think that Cudworth might be more to the Royal couples taste.

They can have a drink in either 'The Victoria' or 'The Royal'. Make them feel right at home.

But Penistone’s not “really” Barnsley is it ? Come to Kendray, Athersley, or Lundwood. We’d find them a billet

I have my doubts that the aforementioned grand places will have a house with 2 dozen or so bedrooms all en suite, a dozen downstairs rooms and a hovel of some kind for the servants and flunky's to reside in. Not forgetting stables and several thousand acres of land for Arry and Meg to cavort around in, no doubt there will be the fruit of Arry's loins to be taken into consideration as well in the future. These requirements are of course the minimum, bigger would be better.

Angel1.

When you stop to think that 3 out of 4 of the Queens kids are divorced. (Anne, Andrew and Charles) Prince Harry is now engaged to a US Actress. I doubt very very much they sleep in separate beds!! Yet the Queen is the Head of the Church of England. Now forgive me but I find it all a trifle ironic to say the least.

Definitely a case of Do as we say not as we do...don't you think.

I think its time the Windsor's were put out to pasture. Don't see anything remotely Royal about them.

Everyone keeps banging on about how much revenue the Royals bring..excuse me, but its not as if these tourists get a guided tour by the Queen herself you know. Fact is most tourists flock to see London Bridge, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace etc etc, they do not for one second actually expect the queen is going to suddenly appear at the Window waving.

The worlds changed, I think when the Queen passes, the whole Windsor family should just go. its quite revolting actually.

My apologies if Im missing something here, but I thought they visited Nottingham? Why would a trip into Sheffield be cancelled?

Oh God, my bad. I thought the trip was into Sheffiled, but you're quite right its was indeed Nottingham - Don't know why I thought Sheffield???? :loopy:

But anyways, The School had arranged for months in advance that pupils who had been working hard (pupil parliament) would be treated to a trip to...Nottingham. But the Royal visit forced the school to cancel, apparently due to the amount of press coverage. the school bus would not have been able to park close enough. The children were actually visiting the same place as the Royals, hence the excitement when the kids thought they were going to see the Royals too.

When you stop to think that 3 out of 4 of the Queens kids are divorced. (Anne, Andrew and Charles) Prince Harry is now engaged to a US Actress. I doubt very very much they sleep in separate beds!! Yet the Queen is the Head of the Church of England. Now forgive me but I find it all a trifle ironic to say the least.

Why so? Didn't Christianity set itself up to be rule-free, casting aspersions on 'Pharisees'?