Massive new advertising screens on Park Square roundabout

I would say have you seen them but they are pretty hard to miss! Who paid for them? Who gets the revenue? Who authorized their construction!! They are awful and I would say dangerous, really distracting, I would be interested to see if the accident rate goes up.

Given that they are advertising screens its a good job they are hard to miss. That's sort of the point.

I certainly dont find them particuarly distracting or dangerous. There has been one just up the road for ages and another one on Penistone Road just the same and I dont recall a severe spike in accident rates.

To be honest, given the average speed on Park Square the majority of the time, anyone who crashes as a result of being distracted by a screen, they really need to go back to driving school.

How on earth can we have laws around careless driving and driving without due care and attention, specific laws on mobile phone usage as it's deemed distracting, but yet have bloody great big massive bright coloured LED adverts that have the sole purpose of making you look at them (other a pretty pointless advert...) so therefore MUST be distracting.

Money, perhaps?

How on earth can we have laws around careless driving and driving without due care and attention, specific laws on mobile phone usage as it's deemed distracting, but yet have bloody great big massive bright coloured LED adverts that have the sole purpose of making you look at them (other a pretty pointless advert...) so therefore MUST be distracting.

Money, perhaps?

I drive past them everyday and while i don't like them(ugly and gives a crappy impression of the city), the ones on Park Square roundabout are not distracting at all, thankfully they are not like the ones on the parkway that used to be so bright they dazzled you when it was dark.

Also i think 95% of drivers are too busy looking at the lights, waiting for them to change than to give a toss about looking at a sign.

Also i think 95% of drivers are too busy looking at the lights, waiting for them to change than to give a toss about looking at a sign.

In that case, why bother installing them :)

I expect the council will eventually remove them when one of those “Hello boys” posters causes car accidents to rise by 500%

Maybe they should just show a full length movie on them. ?

---------- Post added 29-11-2017 at 19:29 ----------

In that case, why bother installing them :)

I expect the council will eventually remove them when one of those “Hello boys” posters causes car accidents to rise by 500%

They don’t have them anymore, do they.