EU Brexit - £50 or 60 Billion?

Theresa May has gone very quiet all of a sudden, and doesn't seem to want to talk about this, I wonder why....

The blackmail now seems to have reached about £50 Billion, and she doesn't even want Parliament to know how much she's prepared to give. Nor does she want them to know the details of anything, with her redacted reports to government.

Is this any way to run such a crucial issue?

I'd like to see an itemised account of what this money is for and where it's going. The EU now seem to see us as a cash cow. After the way they have behaved towards the UK (European city of culture was the last bit of petty meanness - how childish) I am more convinced than ever that we are better off outside this corrupt and non-democratic entity. Mrs May and co are no match for such vindictiveness.

Maybe it's time to walk away.....

In 2018 the UK forecasts income from tax etc at >£700 Billion.

£50 or 60 bn doesn’t really matter which.

Think of it like taking a prospective client out for dinner to land a better deal, that’s all it is really. If we walk away to no deal we will be worse off. It’s just an investment to keep the EU on side.

In any event, as I understand it, the bill hasn’t been finalised yet, it’s just been (or close to) agreeing how it will be calculated.

I'd like to see an itemised account of what this money is for and where it's going.
This happens to be exactly what the UK and the EU are agreeing on, in the news last night and this morning (finally so, because that is also exactly what the EU has been asking from the UK ever since March 2017; not "a figure").

So. Now you'd like to see the itemised account.

File an FoI? Perhaps DExEu will answer you :)

As for the rest of your OP...dear me. "Inane" doesn't begin to cover it, I'm sorry to say.

Think of it like taking a prospective client out for dinner to land a better deal, that’s all it is really.

Canada didn't pay anything for their bilateral deal. Neither did Mexico, Norway, Chile, etc. Japan, MERCOSUR, Australia, or New Zealand aren't expecting to pay anything for theirs when and if they happen.

Only the UK is being asked to pay for an FTE or EPA as far as I know.

What too many people forget is that trade deals have two or more partners, none of which is compelled to sign anything unless they are equally happy or unhappy with it.

---------- Post added 29-11-2017 at 14:32 ----------

Theresa May has gone very quiet all of a sudden, and doesn't seem to want to talk about this, I wonder why....

The blackmail now seems to have reached about £50 Billion, and she doesn't even want Parliament to know how much she's prepared to give. Nor does she want them to know the details of anything, with her redacted reports to government.

Is this any way to run such a crucial issue?

I'd like to see an itemised account of what this money is for and where it's going. The EU now seem to see us as a cash cow. After the way they have behaved towards the UK (European city of culture was the last bit of petty meanness - how childish) I am more convinced than ever that we are better off outside this corrupt and non-democratic entity. Mrs May and co are no match for such vindictiveness.

Maybe it's time to walk away.....

Assets, along with ongoing and contingent liabilities are calculable so I am with you, the working out should be made available in due course. There seems to be some kind of 40 year taper arrangement (ie it's not one big bill) in the offing which may cloud that a little bit but that should work to the UK's advantage over the period.

Edited by ENG601PM

Canada didn't pay anything for their bilateral deal. Neither did Mexico, Norway, Chile, etc. Japan, MERCOSUR, Australia, or New Zealand aren't expecting to pay anything for theirs when and if they happen.

What too many people forget is that trade deals have two or more partners, none of which is compelled to sign anything unless they are equally happy or unhappy with it.

---------- Post added 29-11-2017 at 14:32 ----------

Assets, along with ongoing and contingent liabilities are calculable so I am with you, the working out should be made available in due course. There seems to be some kind of 40 year taper arrangement (ie it's not one big bill) in the offing which may cloud that a little bit but that should work to the UK's advantage over the period.

That’s all very lovely. A very entertaining rant.

Sadly an incorrect one. We are being asked to pay for things that we’ve used/ agreed to. The trade deal is separate.

That’s all very lovely. A very entertaining rant.

Sadly an incorrect one. We are being asked to pay for things that we’ve used/ agreed to. The trade deal is separate.

Next time, try reading the whole thing, like this part;

Assets, along with ongoing and contingent liabilities are calculable

Sorry about the big words. ;)

Why leave when you want a trade deal? When everything is fine you got a Tdeal say you want to leave then say oh by the way we want a deal.

60 Billion is not much, pound is not worth as much anymore, where I was last week everyone was happy and smiling when you show them a euro, show them a pound and they pull a dirty face and say no thank you.

I think you and some of the UK Govt are under the mistaken impression that whatever figure is agreed upon has a knock on effect on the kind of trade deal you are offered.....it doesn't.

Oh,and Farage is furious,which is great news.:hihi:...........I would agree to 10MIL being knocked off just for making that happen.

Edited by chalga

Why leave when you want a trade deal? When everything is fine you got a Tdeal say you want to leave then say oh by the way we want a deal.

60 Billion is not much, pound is not worth as much anymore, where I was last week everyone was happy and smiling when you show them a euro, show them a pound and they pull a dirty face and say no thank you.

Go on ill bite where were you last week?