EU Brexit - £50 or 60 Billion?

Theresa May is hardly going to tell Parliament the maximum amount of money the UK are prepared to pay and at the same same time give the heads up to the EU. Whatever the amount is agreed will be much higher than if the UK had united and pulled together resulting in a much better negotiating position than exists at the moment. The people to blame for a high exit bill are the politicians and media who haven't accepted the democratic referendum result and got behind Brexit for the benefit of our country.

I thought that May called an election on the basis of getting a better mandate to negotiate Brexit.What did the result of that election tell you?...........did the Great British Public not democratically give her a worse mandate than she had before the election?.............have you got anything against people voting the way they did?

I thought that May called an election on the basis of getting a better mandate to negotiate Brexit.What did the result of that election tell you?...........did the Great British Public not democratically give her a worse mandate than she had before the election?.............have you got anything against people voting the way they did?

Because she did a deal with the DUP to stay in power, they are probably putting the pressure on behind the scenes too, with regards to the border and other Irish issues.

"The EU’s central goal is to be a place where big business has free rein to operate."

- Jeremy Corbyn.

As well as having austerity fanatics in Downing Street, we have their doubles and puppet masters in Brussels.

Lets walk away and NOT PAY them a penny.

"The EU’s central goal is to be a place where big business has free rein to operate."

- Jeremy Corbyn.

As well as having austerity fanatics in Downing Street, we have their doubles and puppet masters in Brussels.

Lets walk away and NOT PAY them a penny.

Please do,in the morning if possible........the rest of Europe has had more than enough of your circus.

---------- Post added 29-11-2017 at 17:35 ----------

The petty, vindictive nature of the neoliberal EU Commission (the real EU government), is now on display for all to see.

Not a pretty sight, is it?

What happened to 'they need us more than we need them'............or 'cake and eat it'?......stop the whinging about the EU and face up to your responsibilities.

Correct Mrs May did call a election for that reason. Mrs May ran a bad campaign in which attention was taken away from Brexit by proposing to change care for the elderly financing and alter winter fuel payments. You are correct the electorate did Mrs May's negotiating position no favours.

Just to be clear - this isn’t an ‘unreasonable demand’ by the EU. The UK has commitments with the EU and the UK should meet those commitments. I keep seeing it compared as if it is a divorce bill, it isn’t. It is one corporation changing all terms with another corporation. Simple as that.

Just to be clear - this isn’t an ‘unreasonable demand’ by the EU. The UK has commitments with the EU and the UK should meet those commitments. I keep seeing it compared as if it is a divorce bill, it isn’t. It is one corporation changing all terms with another corporation. Simple as that.

Doesn't sound reasonable to me the UK taxpayer should continue to fund the pensions of EU staff after we have left the EU. To any reasonable person a two year notice is reasonable time for the remaining EU members to make alternative funding arrangements. The UK has been a net contributor for 40 years and it seems reasonable to me the remaining members should either contribute more or tighten their belts.

If I remember correctly we were given lots of contrasting opinions and not so many facts, and some downright lies. It was more a question of who and what to believe.

It wasn't just Nige in the leave camp, but politicians and 'experts' too.

Nige was a 'politician', most experts thought brexit was a stupid idea but of course you were fed up of experts.

Doesn't sound reasonable to me the UK taxpayer should continue to fund the pensions of EU staff after we have left the EU. To any reasonable person a two year notice is reasonable time for the remaining EU members to make alternative funding arrangements. The UK has been a net contributor for 40 years and it seems reasonable to me the remaining members should either contribute more or tighten their belts.

Any price is worth paying according to a lot of leavers,well,this is the price.