EU Brexit - £50 or 60 Billion?

Nige was a 'politician', most experts thought brexit was a stupid idea but of course you were fed up of experts.

I don't recall saying that. I tried to weigh things up carefully from the information available before I voted. Could you name me an 'expert' please? Or better still, an expert who wasn't immediately contradicted by another expert?

this is quite interesting on how it is worked out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42164658

seems instead of the 5 years being used that the EU want, the UK wants to use the next 2 years aswell because our sterling is lower and it will overall lower the percentage we pay lol

No point lol ing fella as its us who are staying in the uk who will be paying it in some way or are you going to be moving away to the EU ?

Just to be clear - this isn’t an ‘unreasonable demand’ by the EU. The UK has commitments with the EU and the UK should meet those commitments. I keep seeing it compared as if it is a divorce bill, it isn’t. It is one corporation changing all terms with another corporation. Simple as that.

It's completely unreasonable.

Its yet another spiteful kick in the teeth from the EU ruling class. Just as the EU Commission’s decision to disqualify all British entries for the European Capital of Culture award in 2023 was last week. Only then the citizens of Dundee, Nottingham, Leeds, Milton Keynes, Belfast, Derry and Strabane were insulted and abused by the EU.

This week it's ALL of us in the UK.

So we should walk away from the EU without paying a single penny into their unstable and failing union, with its big business rules and anti-worker EU Court of Justice.

We must stand up to the corrupt and undemocratic EU, not bow down before it every time EU decisions insult or damage the people of the UK.

What's annoying me more than anything, is the thought of these bureaucrats in EU syphoning off wads of cash for themselves. £50B that's Fifty Thousand Million Pounds....£50,000,000,000!! How on earth is that going to be kept traceable? The interest alone must be staggering.

It truly disgusts me, I hope the EU suffers for this. I'd rather go it alone and suffer the consequence than be tied to these greedy selfserving parasites.

To Hell with the lot of them!!

I don't recall saying that. I tried to weigh things up carefully from the information available before I voted. Could you name me an 'expert' please? Or better still, an expert who wasn't immediately contradicted by another expert?

I didn't mean you you, I meant brexiters as a group.

---------- Post added 29-11-2017 at 20:18 ----------

What's annoying me more than anything, is the thought of these bureaucrats in EU syphoning off wads of cash for themselves. £50B that's Fifty Thousand Million Pounds....£50,000,000,000!! How on earth is that going to be kept traceable? The interest alone must be staggering.

It truly disgusts me, I hope the EU suffers for this. I'd rather go it alone and suffer the consequence than be tied to these greedy selfserving parasites.

What's to stop them siphoning it off? Do you know how big the EU budget is?

Why would the EU suffer,ever since the UK voted to leave it's gone from strength to strength,just shows what happens when you get rid of something that is holding you back.............now go and find your golden unicorns.

After the way they have behaved towards the UK (European city of culture was the last bit of petty meanness - how childish) I am more convinced than ever that we are better off outside this corrupt and non-democratic entity. Mrs May and co are no match for such vindictiveness.

Maybe it's time to walk away.....

The UK is still a paying member of the EU, and no decision has yet been made as to what a future relationship may look like.

It is unforgivable that the EU waited until after the bids from the UK for the European Capital of Culture 2023 had been submitted before ruling them all ineligible, when it has been aware of the UK's referendum outcome since June 2016...

So we should walk away from the EU without paying a single penny into their unstable and failing union, with its big business rules and anti-worker EU Court of Justice.

Court backs salesman's claim for 13 years of holiday pay

A UK window salesman who did not receive a paid holiday for 13 years has been backed at the European Court of Justice in his landmark legal battle.

Conley King worked for a sash window firm on a self-employed basis, but was later found to have workers' rights.

In a closely-watched case, the EU court ruled Mr King was also entitled to his untaken leave at the company.

Legal analysts said the decision could have significant implications for firms in the so-called gig economy.

---------- Post added 29-11-2017 at 20:44 ----------

The UK is still a paying member of the EU, and no decision has yet been made as to what a future relationship may look like.

It is unforgivable that the EU waited until after the bids from the UK for the European Capital of Culture 2023 had been submitted before ruling them all ineligible, when it has been aware of the UK's referendum outcome since June 2016...

Perhaps because our negotiators, before they finally gave up on their have-cake-and-eat-it mode, kept saying they wanted a deal (without paying for it) that would have kept us eligible to be European Capital of Culture.