The Impartiality Of The BBC.

I didn't say that the BBC 'only picked on' female licence fee evaders. Just that the overwhelming majority of those prosecuted and convicted for BBC TV licence fee evasion are women.

David Perry QC discovered this fact in his 'TV Licence Fee Enforcement Review 2015'. 70% of those prosecuted for TV licence evasion in the year he examined, 2012, were women.

The proportion of fines imposed for failure to hold a TV licence in 2012 by gender was 32 per cent male, and 68 per cent female.

Its got worse for women since then.

sorry i didnt mean only, i meant the BBC picked on female licence fee evaders

:hihi:

Perhaps they should get a campaign going, for free TV, like they have for sanitary products ;)

I think we all should get a campaign going for free TV.

We shouldn't be forced to pay a highly regressive BBC tax (which takes no account of ability to pay) and unfairly targets women and the poorest members of society.

The BBC TV licence fee is a tax on the poor.

We shouldn't be forced to pay a highly regressive BBC tax (which takes no account of ability to pay) and unfairly targets women and the poorest members of society.

we dont get free tv

You know how ITV is paid for right?

Is it paid for with Bitcoin?

No it’s paid for by all of us.

You know how the adverts get paid for? Every product you buy has a marketing budget. And that marketing budget increases the price of everything you buy.

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but that you understand is that marketing pays for the ITV programmes. And you meet the cost of that marketing, we all do.

Edited by I1L2T3

BBC tv's 'Question Time' was in Scarborough last night, where 62 per cent voted to Leave the EU last year. Yet a very large number, easily the majority, of the audience were Remain voters. David Dimbleby, the Chair, recognised how unrepresentative of Scarborough the audience really was and exclaimed: "There are a lot of Remainers here tonight!"

Or... the residents of Scarborough have started to see through the BS you and your ilk have been peddling.

The BBC had hand picked the audience to be an unrepresentative minority in favour of the EU. Shame on the BBC. Journalistic standards have plummeted.

Yeah, blame the BBC because leavers promises are unravelling on a daily basis.

The BBC persecute the poor in this country, especially women, so that BBC management and its 'talent' can live lives of sheer luxury. If someone doesn't pay the TV tax the BBC is EXTREMELY bothered.

Lol. :loopy:

You know how the adverts get paid for? Every product you buy has a marketing budget. And that marketing budget increases the price of everything you buy.

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but that you understand is that marketing pays for the ITV programmes. And you meet the cost of that marketing, we all do.

:D you're not a BBC employee by any chance are you?

ITV is not directly funded by an enforceable fee like the BBC.

Edited by Guest

Are you saying that ITV can send large men to my apartment to check if I'm using a product that is advertised on their channel? And then demand money with menaces from me, as the public sector broadcaster the BBC does, if I do?

---------- Post added 02-12-2017 at 09:30 ----------

Does ITV disproportionately target women to pay it's marketing costs, like the BBC?

Does ITV threaten people with a home visit, large fine and criminal prosecution if they don't pay it any money? As the BBC does?

Edited by Car Boot