Are SCC/Amey out of control?

Did you not read the answer to the question you asked ? If you’re not interested in the answer why ask the question ?

yes I read the answer and I stated that answer was wrong . if you can answer the question , the floors yours

---------- Post added 13-12-2017 at 22:59 ----------

They’re working at 4am to avoid the protesters who are preventing them from working. It’s not their preference to do so.

No . they were working at 4 am doing work , they were not entitled to do , on or over private property . Can you defend this

Guest makapaka
yes I read the answer and I stated that answer was wrong . if you can answer the question , the floors yours

---------- Post added 13-12-2017 at 22:59 ----------

No . they were working at 4 am doing work , they were not entitled to do , on or over private property . Can you defend this

The early starts are to avoid protestors.

What are the details of the work they weren’t entitled to do and which properties were affected?

Guest makapaka
Stop being argumentative and defending them , and read post 149 ,which you probably already have , but cannot answer . and post 152

I replied earlier to those posts.

You asked “can you defend this”

I may or may not but you’ll have to give me some more details?

I replied earlier to those posts.

You asked “can you defend this”

I may or may not but you’ll have to give me some more details?

You replied to the posts but never gave answers . "More details " they came out at 4.30 in the morning and cut off oversailing branches which they had no right to do as they were on private property . Can that be made any clearer to you ?

Guest makapaka
You replied to the posts but never gave answers . "More details " they came out at 4.30 in the morning and cut off oversailing branches which they had no right to do as they were on private property . Can that be made any clearer to you ?

Did they go into peoples gardens to do this?

Or are you saying they cut off branches from trees on the street which happened to oversail peoples gardens?

Even if they don't physically enter the garden, they can't legally remove branches which oversail your property without either getting your permission or getting a court order.

All the trees which were pruned at 4am were outside houses which had "no oversail permission" signs in their front windows or front gardens. The trees weren't completely cut down: rather, they were just pruned on the side that oversailed.

There can be little doubt that this was the actions of people who knew they were doing something illegal so were doing it in the dead of night.

Presumably there's little recourse now, because whilst it is probably trespassing, suing for it can only be for damages incurred.

So Amey, probably with council collusion are happy to break the law, and nothing will happen to stop them doing it again and again.

Guest makapaka
Even if they don't physically enter the garden, they can't legally remove branches which oversail your property without either getting your permission or getting a court order.

All the trees which were pruned at 4am were outside houses which had "no oversail permission" signs in their front windows or front gardens. The trees weren't completely cut down: rather, they were just pruned on the side that oversailed.

There can be little doubt that this was the actions of people who knew they were doing something illegal so were doing it in the dead of night.

Ok - well if it's illegal it's illegal - I can't disagree with that.

Why were people refusing oversail rights if the trees were just being pruned and not cut down?