Are SCC/Amey out of control?

How are they operating outside of the law?

See the above posts- it's well detailed by other posters.

---------- Post added 15-12-2017 at 13:10 ----------

Or some may defend the outcomes of some of their actions i.e. problematic trees removed, whilst not being in favour of the methods by which they are achieved.

I don't think there's any point arguing about it anymore.

If, after all the reports from professionals, documentation provided by tree experts etc, the details we do know from the contract (i.e. the lack of financial support for measures other than destroying them) people STILL think Amey are only removing 'problematic' trees then it's like arguing with someone who believes the world is flat. Agreement can never be reached.

In the face of all that, it staggers me that people still don't see what is going on. The cynic in me suggests people haven't read all the information. But there is no point arguing.

If after everything that is available regarding Amey, not just from Sheffield, but across many other cities, people STILL want to think the best of them, good luck to them. I do firmly believe though that they are massively outnumbered by those whose opinion on Amey is formed by the serious amounts of professional information that is available on them.

Edited by paula4sheff

Guest makapaka

If, after all the reports from professionals, documentation provided by tree experts etc, the details we do know from the contract (i.e. the lack of financial support for measures other than destroying them) people STILL think Amey are only removing 'problematic' trees then it's like arguing with someone who believes the world is flat. Agreement can never be reached.

In the face of all that, it staggers me that people still don't see what is going on. The cynic in me suggests people haven't read all the information. But there is no point arguing.

If after everything that is available regarding Amey, not just from Sheffield, but across many other cities, people STILL want to think the best of them, good luck to them. I do firmly believe though that they are massively outnumbered by those whose opinion on Amey is formed by the serious amounts of professional information that is available on them.

It's not very well detailed by posters actually.

If you look at the posts above people seem to think Amey are breaking the law when they may well be not.

Except that some of us are arguing that SOME trees should be removed. Me, for example.

I'm not arguing that Amey are not removing trees that don't need removing or that their motives aren't purely commercial. I'm sure they are.

Some people have their lives negatively affected by some trees, but the attitude of many of those in this echo chamber is this they should put up with it. I disagree.

You're right to say it's pointless arguing about it any more. After all, I must work for Amey, or believe the earth is flat, to hold such a stupid or morally indefensible position.

Hello,

Read this:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lawlessness-on-the-streets-of-sheffield_us_5a204367e4b064ca3c15130b

and am interested in what peoples opinions are. Is this exaggerating things to gain traction for the tree campaign or are AMEY really out of control now?

Amey are ruling Sheffield like a Despots ,trees ,street lighting ,road repairs,, all questions and requests regarding any of these matters,, are all totally ignored, regardless of how many "roads " you go down to get at them .There must be a higher authority ,NOT Sheffield council.. who have made this mega rod for the people of Sheffield,,,who can stop this take over of our city .Maybe it's time for a NEW council,,, and it's members be selected by the people who pay their wages,, US.! Rather like the situation when 10 million pounds were "lost " Money collected from rate payers ,should be spent on the city, not salted away in some foreign country.