Natwest to close 197 branches, 5 in Sheffield.

As more people switch to online and mobile banking there is no need for so many branches.

Not always the answer. We lost out village post office and now have to travel eight miles to our bank - to be met with a situation of a solitary cashier with a long queue but numerous staff swanning around in order to advocate using a machine to pay in/draw out - machines which, from personal experience even when operated by the staff themselves, don't always work first time. So, the answer is always to go on-line. Well we did but a major drawback is our intermittent broadband connection. It's worrying to be halfway through a transaction and then the "system" to falter. A small business in our village has, on more than one occasion, had to trust total strangers to call back later to pay in cash as the internet hasn't allowed a card transaction.

No great loss to the much sought-after village of Firth Park.

I only used their cash machine occasionally, and since Heron Foods opened with an instore ATM, I use it even less.

One more greedy bank closes, proof that Capitalism is on its last legs :clap:

Up the workers :hihi:

Look on the bright side joker, room for another much needed betting shop.

Yeah probably has it (Millhouses Sheffield) always been a bank ?

Certainly since 1968 because I opened my first bank account there at that time. It may have been The National Provincial Bank, but it was around then the NP and Westminster banks merged to form NatWest.

• 4 months later...
Any one know where the accounts are due to be transferred to when Hillsborough shuts.

Its only a retail branch closure, you're account isn't closing. You can still go to any other Natwest branch.

Its only a retail branch closure, you're account isn't closing. You can still go to any other Natwest branch.

tried online but cant find out where my account will be moved to ,I have just filled in a standing order and it asks for my bank address so I put in middlewood rd. which is correct at the moment but need to know where it will be after June 18th this year.

That s not the op issue though. They want to know what will be their branch

Oh I see.

If your branch closes does it have any baring on anything? does any one you have bank details with such as your employer need to be updated on the new main branch?