It's I'm, not am etc

There's also the use of interrogative inflexions at the end of verbal sentences when there's no question?

This is now creeping into the written word, see my example above.

Aaaargh.

Agreed.

It's very irritating.

The intimation is that you're too thick to understand what's just been said....fair enough if it was a detailed explanation of string theory, but if it's along the lines of "Two plus two equals four?", it can't help but rile!

I hate it when news readers and TV broadcasters pronounce words like conshumers instead of consumers .

Penjulum instead of Pendulum

Immedjuately instead of immediately

Igknowledge . . . . .Acknowledge

Cerstificate. . . . . . .Certificate

Chimley. . . . . . . . Chimney

Somethink. . . . . . Something

Inshulin. . . . . . . . . Insulin

I hate it when news readers and TV broadcasters pronounce words like conshumers instead of consumers .

Penjulum instead of Pendulum

Immedjuately instead of immediately

Igknowledge . . . . .Acknowledge

Cerstificate. . . . . . .Certificate

Chimley. . . . . . . . Chimney

Somethink. . . . . . Something

Inshulin. . . . . . . . . Insulin

Don't forget "aksed"...

I wouldn't of noticed that.

of?!

The thing is though, if this is how people read things in media / papers / online, then how are people going to learn the correct way?

I can't remember this type of thing at school.

Sadly, I have to note that many modern teachers were never taught spelling/grammar/syntax either- so of course they pass on their abject ignorance to the next generation.

---------- Post added 20-12-2017 at 17:45 ----------

"a.m. in the morning" or "p.m. in the afternoon" irritates me

And noon/midnight. We know what clock time each is, so what's with the phrase "12 noon"?!

Even worse is trying 12.00pm or 12.00am. Neither exists.

Sadly, I have to note that many modern teachers were never taught spelling/grammar/syntax either- so of course they pass on their abject ignorance to the next generation.

I know a few teachers?, who do this?, that I've mentioned before? and max mentions here...

(though perhaps it's not ignorance?, just annoying?) :hihi:

There's also the use of interrogative inflexions at the end of verbal sentences when there's no question?

This is now creeping into the written word, see my example above.

Aaaargh.

I'm not bright when it comes to English Max?

But this does annoy me?

SO, for me, spelling mistakes are nothing in comparison to verbal versions of these annoyances.

Upward inflections? when talking? is rapidly growing in popularity? :hihi::gag::gag:

and the word 'like' , like every other like, word.

Students almost all talk like this.

Here you go .... interview with a witness to Police action in Sheffield yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-42410084?intlink_from_url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-leeds-42408594&link_location=live-reporting-story