Can I sand my concrete floor so I can fit an oven in??

My oven has died :( its dimensions are 869mm tall. Loads are much smaller so I am trying to find one similar in size. I've seen a few Bosch ones that say 888mm. I've attempted to measure the gap with a tape measure and it seems to be about 888... It's going to be a bit close! I'm going to chop a 888mm length of wood and see if that will go in, but if it's a few mill off, would I be able to sand the floor? It's just a grotty concrete floor I think! Or is that going to be impossible?!

Is it reasonably easy? The rest of the kitchen is fine, I don't want to do all of it, just the bit below the oven by a few mill!

---------- Post added 04-12-2017 at 22:38 ----------

its probley got adjustable feet wind them up to lower it or down to raise the oven :hihi:

I'm assuming that the 888 dimensions are with the feet wound right in!!

Whats the situation? The query about sanding the floor suggests this is going under the worktop. If its an under worktop built in oven won't it be a case of getting a kitchen carcass base unit installed that will then take an oven?

If its a free standing oven then do these come without a hob on top? - I have never seen that?

Do NOT under any circumstances sand a concrete floor-the dust would be horrendous.

If you must do something, take a hammer & chisel to the floor then smooth the surface with a sand/cement mix using a plastering float.

Edited by Janus

Whats the situation? The query about sanding the floor suggests this is going under the worktop. If its an under worktop built in oven won't it be a case of getting a kitchen carcass base unit installed that will then take an oven?

If its a free standing oven then do these come without a hob on top? - I have never seen that?

It's an under worktop oven, no hob, just a double oven. The carcass is fine width and depth, just a bit touch and go height wise.

I've measured it as about 889 from the floor but the floor isn't necessarily entirely even. the oven sayus fits in a space 888mm, so it will be tight and I can't raise the work surface so if it's onlt a couple of mill stopping it I wanted to know if I could sand the floor down.

I have an angle grinder, would that take a couple of mill off if needed?

It's an under worktop oven, no hob, just a double oven. The carcass is fine width and depth, just a bit touch and go height wise.

I've measured it as about 889 from the floor but the floor isn't necessarily entirely even. the oven sayus fits in a space 888mm, so it will be tight and I can't raise the work surface so if it's onlt a couple of mill stopping it I wanted to know if I could sand the floor down.

It will be but will be messy

You say its an under worktop oven but the height you're giving sounds more like its supposed to go in a tall unit with the oven controls around head height, - I'm fairly certain that what you're describing isn't supposed to go under the counter. If its a double oven does it have a bottom hinged door which will be very close to the floor?

I think an under counter oven would fit into a standard carcass unit and would probably have enough space for a plinth at the bottom just like on a normal kitchen base unit.