Ex Chaucer School pupils

old chop suto got the sack eh??? never heard about that,but i can imagine it,he was a ju-jitsu expert in hungary,leaving when things got bad under Tito,s government.

do you remember mr walker??? looked like a blonde version of cliff richard,we got caned for shouting cliff to him as we ran past his classroom.

Suto was still there when I left in '79, I think Dower was long gone by then.

Wells was a psycho & a bully - cant stand the bloke - I left the 6th form when he became head of it.

I remember 'Cliff' Walker too so the nickname must have caught on!

There were certainly some characters amongst the teachers, I used to think Mr Farms & Noddy (Mr Darmon) were ok.

Miss Webb, Ms Wallbank & Mrs Adams were all cuties.

Suto was still there when I left in '79, I think Dower was long gone by then.

Wells was a psycho & a bully - cant stand the bloke - I left the 6th form when he became head of it.

I remember 'Cliff' Walker too so the nickname must have caught on!

There were certainly some characters amongst the teachers, I used to think Mr Farms & Noddy (Mr Darmon) were ok.

Miss Webb, Ms Wallbank & Mrs Adams were all cuties.

noddy was ok,farms was a bully when i was there,dearling was one of my favourites,old vaseline head,fleming was a nutter,the japs had captured him in the 2nd ww sent him nutty,should never have been a teacher.metcalfe was the head when i was there,we nicknamed him batman because he always wore the black gown. do you remember "whistler",old ketteringham?? mrs adams was an evil old witch,she was married to an indian guy

I remember Kevin Broadley left the same year as me 1980 he used to play in the football team with Paul Hankcock centre back i think.

Anyone remember Mr Dower, evil!

i remember kev,married ruth, ive tattooed em both,and your brother martin

noddy was ok,farms was a bully when i was there,dearling was one of my favourites,old vaseline head,fleming was a nutter,the japs had captured him in the 2nd ww sent him nutty,should never have been a teacher.metcalfe was the head when i was there,we nicknamed him batman because he always wore the black gown. do you remember "whistler",old ketteringham?? mrs adams was an evil old witch,she was married to an indian guy

Dearling was ok, quiet with a sarcastic side to him that I liked.

Mr Pearson was a top bloke too - great sense of humour. He was a bit of a drinker though, I think thats what ended up killing him from what I've heard.

Only vague memories of the Lower Building, I remember there was a cute German/French teacher who left around '77, but her name escapes me. Also, Mr Outram who taught Maths, Miss White - English, Bainbridge - French, Palmer - Chemistry, Senior - Art.

They were all ok, it was just Wells that was a b*****.

I know Mr Thompson (Economics) became head of Parson X college, and Mr Hardy (P.E) taught there with him.

Dearling was ok, quiet with a sarcastic side to him that I liked.

Mr Pearson was a top bloke too - great sense of humour. He was a bit of a drinker though, I think thats what ended up killing him from what I've heard.

Only vague memories of the Lower Building, I remember there was a cute German/French teacher who left around '77, but her name escapes me. Also, Mr Outram who taught Maths, Miss White - English, Bainbridge - French, Palmer - Chemistry, Senior - Art.

They were all ok, it was just Wells that was a b*****.

I know Mr Thompson (Economics) became head of Parson X college, and Mr Hardy (P.E) taught there with him.

outram was lower school when i went,bainbridge my form teacher,we called him jason king,although not to his face,palmer was blond with a ginger beard,hardy is now head of sports for sheffield.do you remember miss scarr,mister green and miss marsh? i worked as a mobile school caretaker in 1980,coming across green and scarr at frecheville school,and miss marsh at herries.

• 3 weeks later...

Chaucer 91-94. First day the day after Wednesdays Rumbelows Cup victory, April 1991. Unfortunately I wasnt old enough to be hammered.

Mr. Raine (Music) is insane.

Remember Crowe, Dalton/Watson prime minister woman, Wells (reminded me of Mr. Bronson in Grange Hill 'You Boy!'), TB Boreham, the old science teacher with the moustache that looked like Ken Bates.

Seal for English - Wednesdayite.

Crane in Maths. Sharples for woodwork? Bell - to this day I have no idea what he taught. Same goes for Mr. Richardson who later became head of Myers Grove. What role did he have?

Radford for Deutsch. Miserable Glover for Humanities along with Phileas Fogg.

Sellars for drama.

Is there any steamy gossip/affairs amongst staff that can be divulged? There were loads of rumours that lesbianism was rife amongst the female members of staff.

i heard bickerstaff tried it on with a young lass,but cant confirm its true,although miss bower had a fling with gary jenkinson in the 70,s,as did mr matthews with a female pupil,same era, 70,s. i also know wells had regular sex with his right hand!!!

Chaucer 91-94. First day the day after Wednesdays Rumbelows Cup victory, April 1991. Unfortunately I wasnt old enough to be hammered.

Mr. Raine (Music) is insane.

Remember Crowe, Dalton/Watson prime minister woman, Wells (reminded me of Mr. Bronson in Grange Hill 'You Boy!'), TB Boreham, the old science teacher with the moustache that looked like Ken Bates.

Seal for English - Wednesdayite.

Crane in Maths. Sharples for woodwork? Bell - to this day I have no idea what he taught. Same goes for Mr. Richardson who later became head of Myers Grove. What role did he have?

Radford for Deutsch. Miserable Glover for Humanities along with Phileas Fogg.

Sellars for drama.

Is there any steamy gossip/affairs amongst staff that can be divulged? There were loads of rumours that lesbianism was rife amongst the female members of staff.

Ah some of these names ring a bell.

I had :-

Mr Sharples for Woodwork

Mr Seal for English

Mr Craine - Maths

Mrs Radford - but for French

Had Mr Cubberley / Ms Good for German

Also had the pleasure of Mr Glover and Mr Fogg for Geography

Anyone remember Mr Waterhouse the metalwork teacher? He used to start the lesson off by giving me 5 lines "I will not mess around in the lesson" and as the lesson progressed and I messed around more, hed say `Jackson, take a line`

On a bad day Id go home with four or five hundred lines to write out.