Ex Chaucer School pupils

did anyone go to chaucer. i was there from 1963-1967. in the fourth year i was in mr dowsons class. mr newham was deputy head and mr darville was head teacher. mr collinson was the library teacher does that jog anybodys memory.

I was at Chaucer from 1963 - 1965 when my family emigrated to Australia. My name then was Janet Armitage and we lived at Fox Hill. I remember Mr Darville very well. I'm trying to locate Pat Meah from Parsons Cross, does anyone know her, or where she is now?

• 4 weeks later...
I left Chaucer in 1978 and remember all the above sports car lovers - Me Matthews was my form techer for 2 years - his was a blue MG!

matthews sailed a little close to the wind on more than one occasion,getting a "little close "to female pupils,once to my knowledge,in his lesson,another time on a school cruise.We used to call him JESUS ,because without his glasses on,he looked like robert powell,who starred in "JESUS OF NAZARETH". Mr Walker was"CLIFF",he looked really like a blonde Cliff Richard,Mr Wright was "WEREWOLF" due to his unkempt hair and beard,Mr Pashley was "JOE 90" or "ELVIS(Pashley)",Mr Darmon was "BRAINS" after the thunderbirds character.

• 2 weeks later...

I Remember them all! Mr Matthews did sail close to the wind - he once asked me to stand on the cabinets under the windows in the art room to stick snowflakes on so he could look at my legs! bit of a perv!

matthews sailed a little close to the wind on more than one occasion,getting a "little close "to female pupils,once to my knowledge,in his lesson,another time on a school cruise.We used to call him JESUS ,because without his glasses on,he looked like robert powell,who starred in "JESUS OF NAZARETH". Mr Walker was"CLIFF",he looked really like a blonde Cliff Richard,Mr Wright was "WEREWOLF" due to his unkempt hair and beard,Mr Pashley was "JOE 90" or "ELVIS(Pashley)",Mr Darmon was "BRAINS" after the thunderbirds character.

I Remember them all! Mr Matthews did sail close to the wind - he once asked me to stand on the cabinets under the windows in the art room to stick snowflakes on so he could look at my legs! bit of a perv!

so you would have been the same year as dave caldwell,lynn oakes,peter hill, dicky akers and carol savoury then?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I was, remember a couple of them - Peter Hiil, Dicky Akers, and Carol Savoury.

Deborah Smith, Karen Walsh, Stuart Hibberd, Philip Jessop were some others in the same year.

so you would have been the same year as dave caldwell,lynn oakes,peter hill, dicky akers and carol savoury then?