Ex Chaucer School pupils

I was at Chaucer between 64 and 68. I remember Mr Collinson, Mr Newham, Mr Howland, Mr Caborn (science teacher), Miss Robinson (PE teacher who I believe eventually married Mr Howland). I also remember a cookery teacher who I believe her first name was Eve. I also think there was a needlework teacher called Mrs Searle. Then, of course, there was the notorious Mr Fleming!!!!

Some of the females I remember are Julie Elliott, Beverley Batty, Mary McDonald, Susan Bentley, Linda France, Linda Tarling, Hazel Betts (who I am still in touch with to this day), Dilys Gannon, Rita Ransom, Angela Heeley (my sister), Linda Ball.

Does anyone remember these people or are any on SF?

....think must have been same time I was there, cos recognise most of the names

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone remember marcus mayfield ?top lad and a funny guy,sadly he passed away abit bk,i went to colley school,we played footy together for huntsman and plumpers..

everybody remembers marcus mayfield of cross what a lad and his sidkick what was he called something like mouse or ratbecause of his front teeth

• 2 weeks later...
I'm 61,went to the new Chaucer on Wordsworth when it first opened which would have been about 63/64? Our old school,Meynell Road closed down so we only went there for the last year.It was handy though,I only lived about 300yds away.Anybody else out there attend the same time?Our class teacher was Mr.Williams,nice fella.:loopy:

I am 61 and went to Chaucer same time. Jacqueline Coulson

• 3 weeks later...
What year did you start or what is your D.O.B ?

Your name is familiar. Are you my nephew Dave?

---------- Post added 21-12-2012 at 14:24 ----------

I must know you , maybe.

Graham Earnshaw lived in the same " yard " as me, I know Pamella Evans, Christines Hinchcliffe and I believe I saw Stuart Baines last month but wasn't

sure if it was him.

Will never forget Miss Hart and I do remember Mrs Cooke. We had Mr Popple for geography. Mr Howland also went up to Chaucer.

Hi, I`ve just joined this forum and have enjoyed reading some of these posts. I`m curious as to who you are as you say you lived in the same `yard` as Graham Earnshaw. Would that be in Montgomery Terrace Road? I lived there from 1944 to 1953 but still continued going to Philadelphia school. I started at Chaucer when it first opened after Easter 1958. Miss Cooke (art) was my form teacher (S2) but only for one term, then Mr Cornthwaite (maths) S3 and finally Mr Newham (S4) for one term as I left at Christmas 1959.

I believe Graham went on to be a police inspector. You may know my sister too---Kath Cornthwaite. Happy days.....