Council tree felling...

I've plenty trees within 20 yards of my house. Fortunately none were planted in the pavement as the pavement is only 4 ft wide.

Actually yeah, now I come to think of it the trees on my street or not on the pavements.

Guest makapaka
Which major wildlife habitat are we talking about? Trees planted in footpaths and roadside verges constitute a tiny proportion of wildlife habitat in the city.

Exactly - they’re ornamental trees not woodland.

If you go back through the thread it was established that there aren’t any penalties.

I dispute that. There may not be penalties in the narrow legal sense of the term, but it is perfectly possible for the contract to be written in such a way that it is more financially advantageous for Amey to complete 70% of resurfacing works within the first 5 years rather than 6 years, say. Similarly, various actions or inactions by SCC might affect how much they have to pay Amey.

Guest makapaka
I dispute that. There may not be penalties in the narrow legal sense of the term, but it is perfectly possible for the contract to be written in such a way that it is more financially advantageous for Amey to complete 70% of resurfacing works within the first 5 years rather than 6 years, say. Similarly, various actions or inactions by SCC might affect how much they have to pay Amey.

There’s a lot on this earlier in the thread and can’t be bothered going through it all again.

I understand that but is the vast majority of people you have spoken to the vast majority of voters in Sheffield?

And as I say, is the issue of a few trees and the surrounding controversy enough in the big scheme of things enough for them to change their voting patterns?

People are changing their voting patterns, because it's not just about a few trees.

Reasons include the trees being felled against the recommendations of tree experts, the use of private investigators to film/follow protestors by the council, the use of injunctions and the videos on facebook showing Amey personel manhandling elderly protestors.

As well as major issues around the PFI contract, it's secrecy etc.

People are changing their voting patterns, because it's not just about a few trees.

Reasons include the trees being felled against the recommendations of tree experts, the use of private investigators to film/follow protestors by the council, the use of injunctions and the videos on facebook showing Amey personel manhandling elderly protestors.

As well as major issues around the PFI contract, it's secrecy etc.

Yes they probably are, that is the people who have an interest in saving the trees, and how many of them will be changing their vote?

But that is still not the majority of Sheffield voters who have no opinion about the trees whatsoever and have other priorities with regards their votes.

Yes they probably are, that is the people who have an interest in saving the trees, and how many of them will be changing their vote?

But that is still not the majority of Sheffield voters who have no opinion about the trees whatsoever and have other priorities with regards their votes.

I'm just saying it will damage Labour in the election. No party can afford to disregard lost votes on the basis that they're not the majority. Neither will local Labour groups splitting off and dissociating themselves from the Labour council.

If you go back through the thread it was established that there aren’t any penalties.

---------- Post added 03-02-2018 at 11:26 ----------

Can you put something up here that evidences “what is being done collapses in 18 months” please.

---------- Post added 03-02-2018 at 11:27 ----------

Can you put something on evidencing the extortion please.

Thats not what I said . I said it was widely reported that Brian Lodge said there would be penalties and people on here denied this . Brian Lodge using scare tactics against the people of Sheffield :rant: