Council tree felling...

Drawing comparisons with the Miner's strike - give me a break.

It doesn't compare it to the miner's strike. It's just pointing out the hypocrisy of a Labour council using anti-union legislation, which it bitterly opposed at the time it was introduced, against tree protesters.

Guest makapaka
It doesn't compare it to the miner's strike. It's just pointing out the hypocrisy of a Labour council using anti-union legislation, which it bitterly opposed at the time it was introduced, against tree protesters.

Yes it does;

“Only about 30 years on from Orgreave, our local councillors seem to not see the bitter twist in all this.”

There is no need to mention orgreave otherwise.

Yes it does;

“Only about 30 years on from Orgreave, our local councillors seem to not see the bitter twist in all this.”

There is no need to mention orgreave otherwise.

How is that "Drawing comparisons with the Miner's strike"? It's merely putting the introduction of the legislation, which was intended for curbing trade union actions, into context and highlighting how the council are using the law beyond its intended purpose.

Guest makapaka
How is that "Drawing comparisons with the Miner's strike"? It's merely putting the introduction of the legislation, which was intended for curbing trade union actions, into context and highlighting how the council are using the law beyond its intended purpose.

How does it highlight that the council are using the law beyoind its intended purpose? By comparing it to Orgreave?

It doesn't have to mention Orgreave to provide context - only to draw a veiled comparison.

I wouldn't bother. Any mention of the council/Amey in a negative way and that particular user goes into overdrive defensive. Common opinion is that they work for the council. Always ends up with twisting of words and truth, and it's honestly not worth engaging with!

Guest makapaka
I wouldn't bother. Any mention of the council/Amey in a negative way and that particular user goes into overdrive defensive. Common opinion is that they work for the council. Always ends up with twisting of words and truth, and it's honestly not worth engaging with!

"Common opinion is that they work for the council":hihi::hihi:............common opinion amongst whom? You?

I don't work for the council or anything like it.

Never have in the past.

Never will in the future.

Do you have an opinion on the Guardian article? Or just me?

I think it's more a case that they are a member of the local Labour Party.