Council tree felling...

They used reasonable force, that of laying hands on to remove the protesters from the excluded area.

Ah yes, the "reasonable force" that caused the elderly woman to be thrown to the floor like a rag doll and who was then taken to hospital?

After the fiasco at MPR back in January, SYP agreed a new protocol with the Amey bouncers to avoid repeats: an escalating series of warnings, culminating in an "is there any thing I can say to persuade you to leave", followed by removal using minimum force. The bouncers completely ignored the protocol.

Of course not. The police have consistently ignored all actions by SIA security staff on the general grounds that they're using "reasonable force to prevent a crime" - that crime being the incredibly serious breaking of section 303 of the highways act (which carries a maximum fine of £200, plus £5 per day of continuing and doesn't give you a criminal record).

On the other hand, they arrested the guy that tried to help the woman.

There are many more videos of Amey staff assaulting peaceful protestors on Facebook (the Sheffield Tree Action Group (STAG) page), with clear video footage of police standing by and doing nothing.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/392913244219104/

Recent videos show larger groups of fluro-jacketed police who are basically now assisting Amey by being movable human blocks, at a cost to the taxpayer of obscene amounts of money.

Sadly, the police are working for the council, who, are working for Amey.

Other local authorities have ended contracts with Amey, Sheffield should too.

http://www.highwaysindustry.com/liverpool-council-ends-amey-contract/

https://resource.co/article/peterborough-ends-amey-waste-contract-16-years-early-12313

Edited by onewheeldave

When this all began I was on the side of the protesters against the cutting down of trees.

I still am against the cutting down of trees and think AMEY are a farce but I disassociate myself from the protests now because of the idiot level its got to.

Why would they. They used reasonable force, that of laying hands on to remove the protesters from the excluded area.

You know, like a doorman can remove you from a pub for being an idiot.

---------- Post added 06-03-2018 at 09:12 ----------

Because he did commit an offence by putting hands on the security staff.

He rushed in to help the elderly lady who, at the start of the video was off her feet due to being dragged by 2 large Amey staff. Note how, at 20 seconds in, the same elderly lady is spin round and sent to the ground.

Police stand by and watch this clear assault on an elderly lady.

Note how the male protester is very small (looks to be around 10/11 stone), as, obviously, is the frail elderly female protestor, while the Amey security staff are all very large, looking to be around 15/16/17 stone.

He rushed in to help the elderly lady who, at the start of the video was off her feet due to being dragged by 2 large Amey staff. Note how, at 20 seconds in, the same elderly lady is spin round and sent to the ground.

Note how the male protester is very small (looks to be around 10/11 stone), as, obviously, is the frail elderly female protestor, while the Amey security staff are all very large, looking to be around 15/16/17 stone.

Frankly, that elderly lady should behave herself, act her age and stop putting herself in that situation. Who does she think she is a young Jane Fonda?

Edited by Guest

When this all began I was on the side of the protesters against the cutting down of trees.

I still am against the cutting down of trees and think AMEY are a farce but I disassociate myself from the protests now because of the idiot level its got to.

The protestors are doing a very good job. Hopefully, at some point, sanity will prevail, and Amey will be dismissed. In the meantime, these protesters have saved many hundreds of healthy trees.

Without the presence of these peaceful protestors, Amey would be taking down healthy trees at a much, much higher rate.

The protestors are doing a very good job. Hopefully, at some point, sanity will prevail, and Amey will be dismissed. In the meantime, these protesters have saved many hundreds of healthy trees.

Without the presence of these peaceful protestors, Amey would be taking down healthy trees at a much, much higher rate.

Don't forget, first "thirds" of the council election are due in May.

Cross-examine your candidates as to their attitute to the tree-felling, and, if you disagree with them, vote for someone you do agree with.

Guest makapaka
Don't forget, first "thirds" of the council election are due in May.

Cross-examine your candidates as to their attitute to the tree-felling, and, if you disagree with them, vote for someone you do agree with.

Well that’s not the only issue to consider when electing a council is it?

---------- Post added 06-03-2018 at 11:51 ----------

Of course not. The police have consistently ignored all actions by SIA security staff on the general grounds that they're using "reasonable force to prevent a crime" - that crime being the incredibly serious breaking of section 303 of the highways act (which carries a maximum fine of £200, plus £5 per day of continuing and doesn't give you a criminal record).

On the other hand, they arrested the guy that tried to help the woman.

Okay - so the protestors were arrested but amey operatives weren’t.

Dave, It's easy to judge without being in possession of all the facts; I too am in a similar position, since I wasn't there.

Initially, it certainly seemed that what you say is a reasonable interpretation of the video clip, one which I came to myself to be fair to you, until I read the following post on Facebook; I've no idea of it's authenticity, but given the poster, I'm inclined to believe him.

"The goons ( sic. = Security staff )were actually assisting the lady at her request as she was feeling weak. However they did it in such a clumsy way that it appeared to Benoit and others that she was being manhandled so he went to her aid. They turned on him and in the process knocked her over. They seem to lose all interest in her welfare once they went for him."

It would seem that this chap (Benoit) was the one arrested (for assault ??), for doing what he probably believed was helping an older person being hurt/assaulted.

It also seems like the person doing the video came to the same initial conclusion as both you and me, quite understandable having re-viewed it a couple of times.