Council tree felling...

10 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

The text was in red to show what I originally wrote as opposed to my reply.  You seem to think that everything I do is to annoy you.. I will enlarge,  and embolden,  the text so it's easier for you to read.

I made a simple comment on one of your posts and you seem to want it to turn into a war.  We are on a public forum and the purpose is so that people can  air their views

If you don't want to hear the views of others like me,  then just ignore my posts and I will make sure I ignore yours.  This defeats the object of a forum but, if it stops you feeling persecuted then that will do.

Regarding the trees,  I said at the beginning that it was the councils fault and people have fought hard to make the council do their job.  Maybe you should have joined in that fight. 

You are doing it again.  If you cannot debate without insulting people then, yes, don't bother.

3 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Thanks, It explains  why they are not needed for their original purpose any more.

Yes - woodland trees planted in narrow pavements and roadside verges belong to an era before mass car ownership.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just listening to Radio Sheffield & SCC leader apologising for the tree debacle & he wants to move forward & have a 'culture of engagement' with all the people of Sheffield.   SCC are now intending to reimburse / refund all court costs / fines that tree protesters had imposed on them, as well as any related costs.  

When questioned, this amount is said to be in the region of £800,000 & SCC have also put aside a initial further £200,000.  However, one tree campaigner was interviewed & disputed that £1 million would be enough as she suggested that Sheffield council tax payers would have to find in tbe region of £2.5 million to cover all costs.

12 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just listening to Radio Sheffield & SCC leader apologising for the tree debacle & he wants to move forward & have a 'culture of engagement' with all the people of Sheffield.   SCC are now intending to reimburse / refund all court costs / fines that tree protesters had imposed on them, as well as any related costs.  

When questioned, this amount is said to be in the region of £800,000 & SCC have also put aside a initial further £200,000.  However, one tree campaigner was interviewed & disputed that £1 million would be enough as she suggested that Sheffield council tax payers would have to find in tbe region of £2.5 million to cover all costs.

Hmmm... :huh:

And that IS the point...

... they want it to be swept under the carpet and forgotten about!

No matter how much THEY'RE prepared to refund, it won't affect any of those incompetents responsible and will be paid for by Sheffield residents!

If they really want to "move forward", how about sacking half a dozen of the SCC employees who've proven to be useless at what they're getting paid to do? :roll:

2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

And that IS the point...

... they want it to be swept under the carpet and forgotten about!

No matter how much THEY'RE prepared to refund, it won't affect any of those incompetents responsible and will be paid for by Sheffield residents!

If they really want to "move forward", how about sacking half a dozen of the SCC employees who've proven to be useless at what they're getting paid to do? :roll:

Some of those incompetents have left and got away scot free , Julie Dore for one . 

They have admitted a lot of things but the one that stands out is  they lied to the courts . Surely there has to be comeuppance for this alone ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Some of those incompetents have left and got away scot free , Julie Dore for one . 

They have admitted a lot of things but the one that stands out is  they lied to the courts . Surely there has to be comeuppance for this alone ?

There should be, but the chances of it happening are zero.