Council tree felling...

4 minutes ago, peak4 said:

I did get a reply, and unless this is a second tree, they have it listed as on Prestwood Gardens, not Bevan Way; it  looks like it was at least a week ago.
Confirmed as an illegal felling, with the police informed, and someone apparently doing a letter drop

Not a street tree, so maybe Sheffield Housing.

Glad it has been reported.

Often with these type trees people dislike them due to the blossom/leaves dropping onto their garden/path/driveway, etc. It's amazing how many suddenly disappear or get vandalised to the point of death for temporary cosmetic reasons on property (especially when they are cosmetically beautiful when in bloom or full leaf). I've had to report similar myself in the past. Fortunately, that tree was replaced by the council after being killed; sadly, it was with a different species (but, to be fair, a more native and resilient one).

• Like 2

17 hours ago, peak4 said:

I did get a reply, and unless this is a second tree, they have it listed as on Prestwood Gardens, not Bevan Way; it  looks like it was at least a week ago.
Confirmed as an illegal felling, with the police informed, and someone apparently doing a letter drop

Not a street tree, so maybe Sheffield Housing.

It is Prestwood Gardens ,  Adjacent to Bevan Way