Council tree felling...

Guest makapaka
Oh yes. Would be great to continue as we are doing. It's going SO well isn't it?!

You obviously don't think so. Are there other reasons other than the Streets Ahead contract?

Who will you be voting for to replace them?

Another tree lopped on Sheldon Road yesterday - theyve left a pollocked version which no doubt they will come back for and remove after the elections ... one less tree to soak up the high traffic pollution on this road and I believe others are targetted next on the same road :-(:confused::mad:

Another tree lopped on Sheldon Road yesterday - theyve left a pollocked version which no doubt they will come back for and remove after the elections ... one less tree to soak up the high traffic pollution on this road and I believe others are targetted next on the same road :-(:confused::mad:

STAG advised tree protestors not to dispute the removal of the tree because it was causing significant structural damage to a property on the road.

The point being, STAG doesn't oppose the felling of trees, it opposes the felling of healthy, mature street trees that aren't dead, dying, diseased, dangerous, discriminatory or damaging. STAG basically opposes the council felling any tree that doesn't fall under the council's own criteria.

As a regular pushchair pusher up Sheldon Road good riddance I say. I'm all for trees per say but not when they turn pavements into something akin to moon landing.

You obviously don't think so. Are there other reasons other than the Streets Ahead contract?

Who will you be voting for to replace them?

Many, as discussed previously.

No, I don't want to go into them all again, so you can do your usual thanks.

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 14:12 ----------

You think changing a handful of Labour elected reps for those of other parties will make one blind bit of difference?

I'd hope a change might alter things, yes. Obviously, like yourself, I do have a certain amount of cynicism on that, but it's good to hope that things can get better. A major part of the problem is the complacency and arrogance they display- letting them know that voters do matter and can make a difference is important in my view.

Guest makapaka
Many, as discussed previously.

No, I don't want to go into them all again, so you can do your usual thanks.

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 14:12 ----------

I'd hope a change might alter things, yes. Obviously, like yourself, I do have a certain amount of cynicism on that, but it's good to hope that things can get better. A major part of the problem is the complacency and arrogance they display- letting them know that voters do matter and can make a difference is important in my view.

Ok.....

So who will you be voting for?

I think Labour is likely to maintain or increase their vote in Sheffield in May. The tree problems will have a negligible impact because most people aren't affected and don't care either way about the leafy suburbs. This is almost entirely a Nether Edge white middle class issue. Ordinary People care more about prices in the shops, jobs and housing than they do about half dozen over sized trees which is what this now boils down to.

I don't know a single person living in Nether Edge, but I know a lot who are against the wholesale felling of our street trees.