Council tree felling...

Well if that's the case so be it.

It's not really possible to interpret contracts by reading clauses in isolation - the quoted clause also talks about losses by a person, not the Service Provider or Employer, although I believe Robin_H also confirmed that protestor action was a risk borne by the Service Provider. It would be possible that reading the contract as a whole that the clause also applies to the Service Provider - I don't know.

I fully understood the point about who would be claiming damages - the only thing I clarified was your statement that if the contractor was late then damages wouldn't be due. This is generally true where the delay is caused or is at the risk of the Contractor, but not where it is caused or at the risk of the Employer.

You accepted this back in post #105, then changed your mind again a couple of posts ago. Telling me I was wrong and should resign from my job.

I do agree there was probably some miscommunication along the way - it would probably have been quite easily clarified if your approach hadn't been to continually state that your view was correct despite advice to the contrary - and maybe just ask for clarification whilst accepting someone may have more knowledge or experience of such matters.

Anyway - I've had enough of the subject. Bored now.

Hallelujah :)

Do you actually understand the topic at all, it's clearly not just one tree is it.

It's 35,000 roadside trees.

---------- Post added 11-01-2018 at 07:35 ----------

You accepted this back in post #105, then changed your mind again a couple of posts ago. Telling me I was wrong and should resign from my job.

Pretty sure I didn't change my mind.

You probably tried to restate something as a blanket generalisation. A bit like the way you said that penalty clauses weren't legal (this is your job remember), except it turns out that they are, commercially.

Guest makapaka
Do you actually understand the topic at all, it's clearly not just one tree is it.

It's 35,000 roadside trees.

---------- Post added 11-01-2018 at 07:35 ----------

Pretty sure I didn't change my mind.

You probably tried to restate something as a blanket generalisation. A bit like the way you said that penalty clauses weren't legal (this is your job remember), except it turns out that they are, commercially.

Stop telling lies so you can be seen to have had the last word......

Meanwhile, over in Meersbrook.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/man-arrested-for-allegedly-attacking-police-officer-during-sheffield-tree-felling-protest-1-8950397

---------- Post added 11-01-2018 at 15:40 ----------

Also see the Facebook comments added to The Star story. People disputing The Star's reporting of events.

Meanwhile, over in Meersbrook.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/man-arrested-for-allegedly-attacking-police-officer-during-sheffield-tree-felling-protest-1-8950397

---------- Post added 11-01-2018 at 15:40 ----------

Also see the Facebook comments added to The Star story. People disputing The Star's reporting of events.

Anything happening on Sandford Grove ? , Baron

Guest makapaka
The posts are all there for people to read, no need to lie nor any way to conceal it.

Of course they are - so why in your posts are you stating things I’ve never said?