Council tree felling...

54 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I've always thought that we should be able to remove politicians, both local and national, when a certain percentage of the electorate want the politicians behaviour to be reviewed.

The very fact that they could be open to review, would be enough to make them think again, when it's clear that the public are not happy, as in the tree saga.

I'm sure it would be very rare that a politician would carry on and go through the whole exercise to remove them when pulled for review.

Start a petition on the government petition site? 

With enough signatories the government would have to look into it. A vote of no-confidence can then be motioned I believe.

Edited by Resident

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

So now we have official condemnation of the Councils behaviour in this case, and internal censure of another councillor (Mazher Iqbal) and yet no-one has done the honourable thing and resigned - you couldn't make it up!

You could it's Sheffield . There was a joke in the 70's that if you put SCC in charge of the Sahara Desert there would be a shortage of sand within 6 months . Nothing seems to have change so much for lesson learned

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I'm waiting for a certain defender of all things SCC-inspired to come on here and (try to) defend them, but I'm guessing it will be a long wait.

Hmmm... :huh:

I've just checked the CV that we've recently received from the only suitable applicant for the job.

It appears that 'arborist' is NOT one of their many job titles...

... so fortunately, we might be spared yet another condescending lecture! :roll:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I've just checked the CV that we've recently received from the only suitable applicant for the job.

It appears that 'arborist' is NOT one of their many job titles...

... so fortunately, we might be spared yet another condescending lecture! :roll:

That's good news.

2 hours ago, lobster said:

You could it's Sheffield . There was a joke in the 70's that if you put SCC in charge of the Sahara Desert there would be a shortage of sand within 6 months . Nothing seems to have change so much for lesson learned

The council was also found out trying to 'mislead' the court and the public in an earlier tree felling review.  That alone should have seen heads roll.

An apology to the people of Sheffield is not enough.

There is no personal responsibility, therefore lessons will not be learned, things will continue as before.

This is why SCC continues to be so inept

Until there are actual persons held to account and sacked, the Council will continue to blunder happily along, treating  the people of Sheffield with utter contempt.  

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2023 at 09:28, RollingJ said:

So now we have official condemnation of the Councils behaviour in this case, and internal censure of another councillor (Mazher Iqbal) and yet no-one has done the honourable thing and resigned - you couldn't make it up!

Sorry to re-ignite this, but no-one has really commented on the independent inquiry into the tree-felling debacle, and for some reason, the topic referring to the internal censure of Mazher Iqbal has somehow mysteriously disappeared from the forum  Unless I missed it when searching) - interesting .

EDIT: I did miss it - it is in General  Discussions and I was looking on this board

Edited by RollingJ
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Sorry to re-ignite this, but no-one has really commented on the independent inquiry into the tree-felling debacle, and for some reason, the topic referring to the internal censure of Mazher Iqbal has somehow mysteriously disappeared from the forum  Unless I missed it when searching) - interesting .

EDIT: I did miss it - it is in General  Discussions and I was looking on this board

Apparently the council are going to make a statement / do something  After  the local elections .