Council tree felling...

19 hours ago, Fredderick said:

You’ve lost me. Electing people is not democratic?

How is our First past The Post system democratic?

How can you have people elected, supposedly with a majority when there wee more people who did not vote for them than those who did?

38 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

I think it is not the kind of democracy to suit him, so all of it is wrong.

Maybe he would prefer a system whereby he has to wait 3 years and 11 months to be able to vote anyone out after a balls up. Still, thats his decision.

Just now, Organgrinder said:

How is our First past The Post system democratic?

How can you have people elected, supposedly with a majority when there wee more people who did not vote for them than those who did?

Ah so we have now moved on to a totally different argument about electoral systems, rather than how often elections are. Crikey.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

I think it is not the kind of democracy to suit him, so all of it is wrong.

That kind of democracy certainly does not suit me because it IS NOT DEMOCRACY if there are more people who don't want you than there who do.

Tell me how a minority is democratic?

2 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Because if the other two parties have more collective members voted in, then they can stop the leading party doing what they want. 

What about when there  are not 2 other parties but they have been voted in on a minority.

Only 35.9% of Sheffielders voted and even they,  didn't all vote for the incumbents,  so the council were voted in by A MINORITY and the majority DIDN'T WANT THEM.